Up Owners Club banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can i ask did anyone receive a welcome pack in the post when they took out the service plan? I am still waiting for mine weeks later. Each time the VW Dealer says it should arrive at the end of the week, but it never does.

Can those who have received it kindly let me know what it contains? Is it just a letter to say thanks for taking out the plan? If so i can do without it, but if it has a membership number or code, that you have to use to book a service, or even vouchers that you have to hand over, then i would need the pack.

I have got it in writing from the VW Dealer that i am covered with the service plan for the next 2 services 2021 and 2022 and i have got the receipt form to say i am covered, so i guess the welcome pack is not important.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You just get a monthly statement showing the payments if you took the 18 months interest free to spread the cost and when you phone the dealer they can see on their system that there is a service plan on the vehicle! That's our personal experience of it no vouchers or paperwork needed

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks Mark, so no welcome pack as such. I have got the form that shows the service plan contract agreement with the next 2 services covered and paid for, plus the payment receipt, so all is ok. I was just curious as to what the welcome pack would be, but it looks like it is not important.

·
Registered
305 Posts
We didn't get anything other than the monthly statements for m VW finance and the dealer puts your plate into the system and the service plan shows on their system. We have never had to produce any paperwork and you get the service paperwork showing for instance 10000 mile service and £0 on the invoice

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks again. It is strange that the dealer said i will get a welcome pack in the post when there is no such thing.
As i said i do have written proof that i have the service plan and my car is showing in the system as having the plan, so that is the main thing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It maybe different if you've paid for it up front we did ours after the event and at £295 for 2 services and interest free we thought it was very simple and cost effective way of doing it! If there was interest involved we would have just paid it on the spot

21 - 27 of 27 Posts