Up Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for some preferably genuine VW roof bars for my 3dr, however it all seems to be 5dr sets for sale.

I've hunted through the forum to see if there is any difference to the rear clamps other than the locating peg, would anyone have pictures of their rear bars they could post to see what differences there are? The roof line etc looks the same between 3/5dr models so trying to understand why there would be a difference (other than the peg) as alot of other VW models have one set of roof bars compatible for both 3 & 5dr models like my Mk5 Golf.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I think the shape of the rear clamp is different as on the 3door it fits into the space where the window is, but on the 5 door it fits into the door aperture. I'm fairly sure you need the right version. Look at Thule as well, they are usually pretty good....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the shape of the rear clamp is different as on the 3door it fits into the space where the window is, but on the 5 door it fits into the door aperture. I'm fairly sure you need the right version. Look at Thule as well, they are usually pretty good....
Yeah that's why I was wanting to see if there was anyone with pictures to try and see if there was anything obvious. Just one of those bored at work lunchtime thoughts haha.

Im not a fan of the Thule bars, purely because of the overhang from the bars. Always preferred how the vw bars look on every car I've had.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Tons of Thule versions depending on the price.

I've never bought Thule bars, but researched a lot for a previous vehicle ... There are 2-3 other brands, and I doubt the VW branded ones are much better, given the cost....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts