Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up wednesday----black move up,sunroof,sounds,alloys.
General running and drive is lovely, but have to say have not done hill start yet and don't have the hill start thing (well don't think so !)

Sunroof lovely pleased I payed the extra.

Boot space well took my weeks shopping so very pleased (including large packs of dog tins/bisc etc)

BUG BEARS !!!

You can't operate passenger window from driver side.

You can't adjust seat belt on the post, being 5'1 find this annoying as either throat cut or no seat belt wearing.

Finding it fiddley to set the mile button, to miles over all/miles travelled etc

silly niggle can't check make up on way to work no mirror :))

apart from that I am Just Loving It

·
Registered
304 Posts
Glad you're enjoying your up!... But you shouldn't really be checking make up whilst driving, a look away is all it takes to drive over a cyclist

I know as I ride a bike (as well as drive an up) and see road users doing thier lipstick, on their mobiles! reading books/ maps etc whilst driving (hopefully not all at once)... Not goodEdited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mumski1 said:
Picked up wednesday----black move up,sunroof,sounds,alloys.
General running and drive is lovely, but have to say have not done hill start yet and don't have the hill start thing (well don't think so !)

Sunroof lovely pleased I payed the extra.

Boot space well took my weeks shopping so very pleased (including large packs of dog tins/bisc etc)

BUG BEARS !!!

You can't operate passenger window from driver side.

You can't adjust seat belt on the post, being 5'1 find this annoying as either throat cut or no seat belt wearing.

Finding it fiddley to set the mile button, to miles over all/miles travelled etc

silly niggle can't check make up on way to work no mirror :))

apart from that I am Just Loving It

I'm 5ft 6in and I too have problems with seatbelts. Have a look at this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150603242520?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2968wt_1002

I bought a couple and they are fantastic.

Also worth putting a brolly on the back seat - you'll soon get fed up with having to get out of the car every time you've been in the boot to put the parcel shelf down!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just out of interest why d'you need to operate the passenger window? (Would it've been easier/better for VW to put both on the centre console somewhere?)

On the make up you could a) do it before you get into the car b) use the rear view mirror c) use your phone (one on the front like you're taking a picture of yourself) or d) take a picture of yourself with your phone with perfect make up so you can look at that to convince yourself it's all good.

Or you could just care less, you own an Up! Everyone else just pales to your coolness regardless of whether your make up is perfect or you look like Heath Ledger's Joker from Batman!

Anyhoo. Wish I'd ordered the sunroof but since I don't have mine yet and have no car until it comes my sunroof's a bit big right now! Looking forward to having a (car) roof over my head.

Good to hear you and everyone else is/are loving their cars. Enjoy.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I ordered the sunroof as well can imagine it's amazing on days like these!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
No mirror on the visor, simply stick one there with a scotch pad double sided sticky thing!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
mumski, i use my rear view mirror for make up issues....

glad that mianly you are enjoying the up, and im guessing the sunroof is excellent with the weather like it is :)

cannot wait to get mine .... eeeeee!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for comments, lovely to have a mix.
Stick on mirror great never thought of it.will check out the rear move mirror have not done so before thk u
Mobile never use when driving. NO never
Make up check when going to work/or out not when driving.
Passenger window some times have it open instead of driver side wind/rain etc OR hair just done
no really if its open and your alone nice to be able to pop it up from driver side.
Sunroof has been amazing....willowaz (Gemma)wish you luck when u get yours sound pack is really good, not sure yet if I will get something to just tweek mine :0 Also wish I had ordered the spare wheel not sure about the pump up tyre stuff !!!

VW you have done a wonderful job and hope evryone is as happy as I am

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the no spare tyre business... I'll get breakdown to repair if i needed or take me to the nearest tyre seller. I never used spare tyre in 12 years in the old car, a waste of weight, not good for fuel economy. Depends how urgent it is you need to be on the road for... My car is more a social car, than a I need this desparately for work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts