Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To everyone who has had their cars longer than 3 days - I totally understand your enthusiasm and admiration for the Up! After only 3 days I am totally hooked and just loved driving her. She is responsive, extremely nippy and so light to drive compared to my 12 year Polo which she has replaced. Yes, the lack of controls for passenger window was initially a bit frustrating but already I have come to accept it. I am only 5' tall but have no trouble with the seatbelt although I have raised the seat a bit. Haven't figured out a few details yet, such as the trip meter v. overall miles done but A/C works brilliantly in this gorgeous weather. Thanks for advice re sticking a vanity mirror to sun visor - that sort of tip is what makes this forum so special and precious!
Maps and More arrives next week so that will be next learning curve. Talking of which, I was so saddened to read the criticism of Paul's posting names for cases. What a kick in the teeth for him after all his hard work - and I was going to ask him if I could order one the next time!!
Stll have to get more confident with using the parking sensor - anyone want to stand behind me one day until I hit them so I can hear full range of the beeps??
Another thing I am still getting used to is the front end when parking. That thing covering the engine is not a bonnet - it is a cute little snub nose and so much shorter than the Polo so I find I am parking way further back; that will have changed in another day or so.
Sent pics to son in USA (who will not being seeing the Up! in USA in near future if at all) -he was very impressed.
Finally (sorry it's a long post) all credit to my dealer who couldn't have been better, given that 11 week wait was not in his control. A lovely hand over and a pleasure to deal with!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Glad you love it... It is a cool car. I was back in the family golf mk5 today after a week of my up. It felt so heavy compared to the up.. Lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts