Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I totally love the fact that our cars come with the 3 flash indicators when you flip the indicator stalk - apparently all VW group models come with this and I think that although it is a minor feature its really useful especially when driving on the motorway - I think it should be standard fit on all UK vehicles because as we all know the British are really bad for not indicating!!!! My indicating habits have improved dramatically since I got my Citigo with this feature - even the Mrs. thinks I drive ok now (she must be a nutter haha!!!)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Itzben my dads new Renault scenic dosent do it hes annoyed about it because his last car a ford c max (55 plate) had this feature so not all new cars have it so we now believe!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Three flashes is not enough at motorway speeds.

Nick

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Collas said:
Three flashes is not enough at motorway speeds.

Nick
I agree. I would say it is not enough for any road. Often a car indicates at the start of the turn or overtake, which is a bit pointless really as by then it is obvious what you are doing. You should start a reasonable time beforehand, giving other vehicles a chance to adjust their speed, and warning them that you intend to manoeuvre. Too many times someone starts an overtake at the same time as the car in front, or someone signals to turn after they start turning.

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
The only thing a 'three flash' indicator is good for, is indicator that you are returning to a left-hand lane once you have overtaken another vehicle on the motorway. When indicating to pull out, I usually let three flashes go by before even starting tomanoeuvre.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts