Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered who picked what?

GaryEdited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
59 Posts
I picked 3 door, as I think it looks cuter and no-one likely to sit in the back. We have a 5 door fiesta for when we need to transport things or have a passenger.

·
Registered
583 Posts
5 door.

Far easier rear access - either for loading stuff or taking passengers.

They appear to be quieter too - having no resonance chamber between the rear wheel arch and the B-pillar like the 3door does.

Side-airbag actually has something to deploy against - the side window won't last very long in a sideswipe ... see euroNCAP crash test footage.

Doors are smaller / narrower when opened - far more practical in tight parking lots than the big doors.

Ventilated rear windows - I don't use the airco under say 26-28 °C.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
3 door looks sporty in my opinion and you get a lovely wide view from the massive door glass area.Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
58 Posts
3 door looks fantastic.
5 door is boring.

up! is bought for fun and goog looking, not for transport 3 passengers.

·
Registered
604 Posts
3 door is way cooler and 5 door was not available when I ordered mine

·
Registered
202 Posts
Five door :) don't need the extra 2 doors at all, just can't stand the way any 3 door car looks :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
scarja said:
Five door :) don't need the extra 2 doors at all, just can't stand the way any 3 door car looks :)
Yep,, those Aston Martins & Ferrari's are so fugly

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have the 3 door as that is all that was available when I bought mine. But I think the 5 door looks nicer, it just makes it look more like a real car. And it is more practical. I hate thefact that the seat tilt has no memory. I suspect 5 doors are outselling 3 doors now that they are available.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
583 Posts
ghost2255 said:
up! is bought for fun and goog looking, not for transport 3 passengers.
That's why everyone must make their own assessment, depending on their needs.

My up! was bought to be
<ul>[*]versatile[*]not too environmentally damaging[*]cheap to run[*]fun to drive[/list]

I'll even be looking into adding a trailer option

·
Registered
222 Posts
I much prefer the 3 door but we need a 5 door now we have a baby. Getting a car seat into a 3 door is a pain in the arse.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Heartagram said:
I much prefer the 3 door but we need a 5 door now we have a baby. Getting a car seat into a 3 door is a pain in the arse.
It is a bit of a pain but that's the type of car seat, get an isofix easy peasy and with front seats folded forward their is tonnes of space to climb in and strap the little ones in.

I have two 4years and 1year

·
Registered
222 Posts
We both have 3 door cars at the moment and had a 5 door briefly. It is so much easier with a 5 door, I'd probably live with a 3 door (well.. I do) but its her car and she prefers the 5 door. Isofix seats are great, we have one belt in and one isofix. The isofix is much better.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts