Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up folks....£14.50 at 7dayshop on special offer (not that I need another one)

cheap indeed !

·
Registered
705 Posts
Do you have a link? Which brand is it?

Nick

·
Registered
27 Posts
32 GB micro SD card £12.99 last day of sale today from Play.com

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't know what you all find to put on your cards !!
I just bought an 8GB sandisk from Amazon for £3.99 !!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I have a 4GB one and it's still half empty... Now I just need the UP! to put it in!!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The average iTunes account has over 7,000 songs, at an average of 250 songs per gb, that's just about right by my reckoning

·
Registered
315 Posts
bugbabe34. I've not been able to transfer my songs on iTunes to mymini-SDcard. Can you (or anybody else reading this) do an "Idiot's Guide" to transferring them over please.

I am beginning to feel that there may be something wrong with the card itself, but it is new and from a reliable source. So although I hate to admit it, it must be me

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Lovejimbo said:
If you use iTunes to manage your music:

1) Make a folder called 'Music' on the root of the M+M memory card.
2) Navigate to your iTunes music folder located at -

Mac OS X:  /Users/username/Music/iTunes/
Windows XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\
Windows Vista:  C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes\
Windows 7:  C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\

3) Within this folder will be separate folders that share the artists names from your music collection. Drag and drop the folders of the artist you want into the 'Music' folder of you M+M memory card.

4) Whenever you get a new album, manage it in iTunes as usual, then navigate to you iTunes music folder and drop that artists folder into you M+M 'Music' folder to update it!

Note: Use iTunes to convert any AAC or iTunes audio tracks to MP3s as detailed in post above, once copied to you M+M use spotlight on Mac, or search on Windows to find the duplicates and delete if you don't want both versions! Be sure to eject the M+M card first, so you don't delete those files thinking they are duplicates too :p

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
P.S. I've always bought Sandisk cards from Amazon and never once had a problem, just make sure you order them from Amazon direct rather than a third party

·
Registered
315 Posts
Lovejimbo.That sounds complicated to me. I thought there might be an easier way to do it. I have no problem transferring iTunes music to CD's and can't understand why the same system doesn't work for an SD card. Most of my music on iTunes is ripped from my own Cd's and quite a lot is bought from iTunes itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts