Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my daughter and her stuff to college yesterday. We shared the driving and I drove back on my own.

She's a learner so I set up a new profile on the maps and more for "learner" - not allowed to choose a route involving motorways - plenty of roundabouts though!!

On the way back I let the sat nav choose the shortest route so plenty of motorway

I've driven around half a million miles since I started driving in 1980 and I can say that this car is just great fun. Actually I'm speechless about how good it is. Only done 800 miles now so going fairly carefully but just so impressed by the performance and especially by the ride. It just feels like a medium sized well sorted car.Drove only at about 75 on the motorway, max - actually may have just touched 80 - it was very stable and mature.

Felt side winds a little - but they were quite strong

Radio reception and sound quality was good

Maps and more dropped my blackberry during calls so need to look into that.The A40 was closed at Witney due to an accident - the maps and more not only knew about it but seamlessly routed us round

57.8mpg yesterday

Niggles well not many really - even at 75mph rear screen does get covered in motoway spray, so needs cleaning once in a while.The ledge under the tailgate gets dirty - so have to watch out cleaning it with your trousers as you reach in to get stuff out. It was raining yesterday and needed to run the ac to keep the screen clear, wondered whether that would be an issue in the Take Up!.

Used the split fold rear seats, plenty of space for stuff and nice loading area

Front of the car very roomy, felt fine getting out after eight hours sitting in it, and no ill effects today

Only question is why do we need our Mercedes ML320CDI!!

Cheers MikeEdited by: mikemike39

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
nice little review mike!

so you say the maps and more have traffic info on it, so it avoids any congestion? i was wondering this as my tomtom does it very very well (its only 6months old) and didnt know whether to keep my tomtom or sell it~?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Forgive me if it's been mentioned already somewhere but is the traffic a paid subscription via Navigon directly (like regular Navigon units) and likewise are the maps/camera updates purchasable extras? Or do we get something included?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great news mike, glad to hear all positive words... given that mine will be doing 300+ miles each week!

·
Registered
41 Posts
great to hear the good review! and that it was great for a long drive.the Maps and More sounds great, much better then i orginally thought it would ever be if im honest

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ashy87 said:
Forgive me if it's been mentioned already somewhere but is the traffic a paid subscription via Navigon directly (like regular Navigon units) and likewise are the maps/camera updates purchasable extras? Or do we get something included?
There's a manual on here somewhere and I'm sure it says that it's preloaded when it's registered to the car so you don't have to pay extra for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have the standard "maps and more" - just taken out of the box and installed....I haven't paid for any subscription to traffic data.The system gave me a message about paying for new maps the other day, just ignored (my experience is that they will be the same as the old maps anyway)

Cheers Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts