Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will anyone write additional 3rd party apps on the maps and more that communicate with the car?
I don't really like the dual gauges screen, it seems a bit naff and 1980's ish.

I'm sure someone who is good with software could come up with better display graphics with smaller sophisticated artistic bar charts for the systems such as engine temperature etc, to get more onto the screen at once.

As the system runs on Windows 7, it must be possible to write more software...

Fingers crossed, someone will see a gap in the market for this sort of add on..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd happily looking into developing some apps on the device if as soon as I get my hands on mine. Need to look into developer options though as there might not be an open source sdk for this sort of device. Also I need to know the language/platform the device is based upon before I can even start. Anyone got any know how?

On a side note, I'm not the best with design, just the coding side of it so if anyone wants to offer their expertise I'd love to work with them.

- mUPpet

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mUPpet said:
I'd happily looking into developing some apps on the device if as soon as I get my hands on mine. Need to look into developer options though as there might not be an open source sdk for this sort of device. Also I need to know the language/platform the device is based upon before I can even start. Anyone got any know how?

On a side note, I'm not the best with design, just the coding side of it so if anyone wants to offer their expertise I'd love to work with them.

- mUPpet

I do graphic design as a hobby, so I could come up with my dream display..
All I know about maps and more is that it's running windows 7.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Windows ce I think

1 - 4 of 4 Posts