Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK it isn't exactly a review, but just my thoughts on 4 days with my new Tungsten Silver, High Up with Sports Pack and Sensor Pack.

This car looks great! Seriously, people look at it and love it. I see people look at it when it's parked up and I am staring it myself :p

The interior feels HUGE!!! for such a small car it feels roomy, my kids commented on how much room they have now. Yes, this is our main family car.

I havent even used quarter of a tank and the engine is new so not performing at its optimum and its already saving me tons of money on fuel compared to my last car! My insurance has gone down by around £90 a year too :D

It drives so lovely and that engine sounds fantastic! I was worried as I had only driven a standard high up and not one with the harder sports pack. I live on the Isle of Wight and roads are bumpy everywhere, not a concern in this. It feels lovely :D

Maps and More is fantastic! Best hands free and bluetooth audio system I have had, plus the sat nav is top notch.

Seat warmers - mmmmmmmmmm

Noises? Yes I have a slight '*****' on changing gear and I have a slight rattle under labour in 4th and 5th gear. I can get over these 'characteristics'. I'm having so much fun driving. The cabin noise is a little bit more than I am used to, but again its so comfortable and warm and solid I really dont care.

I mentioned those issues to the dealer, I know the guy who sold me the car and he is going to compare a few others demo cars to see if he can notice it. If I knew about those noises before buying would I still buy it? **** yes! Fantastic motoring at the price, already wondering about a GT when the 3 years are up :D

Edited by: NoHero

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just wondering whether I should have ordered the Tungsten Silver instead of White. I have a High Up with Sports Pack on order (build week 8).

Any one here changed colour after placing order, especially when build week confirmed?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea if that is possible, but what I will say is the White with Sports pack looks amazing too!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just found out that too late to change once build week confirmed.
Thanks for your comments re white/sports pack
I do think white with the black 17" triangle alloys does look the part, as does your colour choice.

Why is it someones else's choice always seems better than yours? Like ordering a meal and the other persons looks better and you say "wish I would have ordered that".

Anyway, no choice in the matter now.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Truth-seeker said:
Just found out that too late to change once build week confirmed.
Thanks for your comments re white/sports pack
I do think white with the black 17" triangle alloys does look the part, as does your colour choice. 

Why is it someones else's choice always seems better than yours? Like ordering a meal and the other persons looks better and you say "wish I would have ordered that". 

Anyway, no choice in the matter now.
Hey after looking at most pics on here I wish I had ordered different but I'm so happy with my choice and when I upload pics I like the comments people leave lol makes me double happy with my choice lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a play with the Cruise control today as not many places I can use it here OR SO I THOUGHT

I'm using it more and more, love it so simple to store and recall.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My little tar dis is being built today, went to dealership to ask how long it will be until I can collect and he looked it up on the computer and could see it has been in the assembly process, so it will take 3-4 weeks to come (if I am lucky 2 1/5 weeks).
Can't wait

·
Registered
811 Posts
I got my High Up 5 days ago also as the main family car and definitely echo everything you say - a fantastic little car. The only issue I have is explaining to the uninitiated why I have apparently downgraded my car, I am becoming quite vocal about it.

I've got 2 of the beasts and they both have the 'rattly' gearbox. I have decided that it's how they are and part of the character, just like proper minis whine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Allybasher said:
I got my High Up 5 days ago also as the main family car and definitely echo everything you say - a fantastic little car. The only issue I have is explaining to the uninitiated why I have apparently downgraded my car, I am becoming quite vocal about it.

I've got 2 of the beasts and they both have the 'rattly' gearbox. I have decided that it's how they are and part of the character, just like proper minis whine.

I'm glad to hear both yours have the noise as this makes me feel like its normal and I wont lose any sleep trying to figure out a problem that cant be figured out :D

I could easily see us getting a second one of these.

I too have been made to feel like I have downgraded, then I show them the interior and all the toys and rev the engine and everyone goes 'ooooooh'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts