Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't think a small car with such a small engine could be so much fun. I've already notched up 500 miles since Friday.

On Sunday we took a trip from Bristol to Appledore in N.Devon with 4 adults and picnic on board. The car cruised comfortably at 70mph at 3200 rpm all the way down the M5 and was stable and planted to the road. From the M5 we took the A361 over the hills of Devon to the coast and despite me keeping the revs down we kept up with all the traffic no problems. When we got back to Bristol M&M was recording an average of 62mpg! Allowing for some M&M over estimating that's still good for the journey with a full load and not crawling along at all.

The car just drives like something much bigger. I'm gobsmacked.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My M&M is approx 8% out in relation to good ol' fashion maths..
You will probably find out what yours is when you tank up :)

I notched up quite a few kilometers in my the first two months of having mine, way over what I intended, but its such a nice car to drive... Germany and back etc :)

Enjoy it! :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sounds as if you have already joined the "Hooked on my Up!" club.They are very addictive cars.

Try not to wear out Spiney Norman before the paint is dry though.LOL

Go well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I'd miss my mondeo ghia x tdci big time when I started driving the Up but not a chance.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm really pleased you are delighted with Spiny Norman, I still get a kick driving mine. I am confined to an extremely dull Passat all week now while my wife drives the High Up and so appreciate it all the more at the weekend.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Roger the Shrubber said:
I didn't think a small car with such a small engine could be so much fun.

The car just drives like something much bigger.
Yet it still turns on a dime

Its driving qualities and its interior size pleasantly surprised me as well.
Along with the CNG option, that settled the deal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts