Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The up! had it's 20,000 service yesterday and while I was in the dealer I nipped into the showroom to ask for the latest eta on the up! GT.

They are expecting to have a showroom car and demonstrator available before the end of November, so not that long - or to put it another way, about the same length of time as the current waiting list, by all accounts!

Details should start be released by the end of September - the $64,000 question being 'how much?'

·
Registered
705 Posts
If it's $64,000, then there won't be many takers!

Nick

·
Registered
124 Posts
Why on earth would anybody want a GT UP if you want a fast car why not buy one an UP is a economical town car.Edited by: collos25

·
Registered
851 Posts
I can see the appeal. If you love what you have now but just wish it was faster, then the up GT is the solution!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would absolutely love one. I'd imagine as well that with effort they old get it returning 50mpg plus

·
Registered
1 Posts
collos25 said:
Why on earth would anybody want a GT UP if you want a fast car why not buy one an UP is a economical town car.
People with fast cars do not neccessarily want to drive fast all the time.
People with fast cars often wish their cars were more economical/cheaper to run.
People with slow cars often wish they had a faster car but, because of point two, do not.
For me, the UP GT is the perfect everyday car for modern day Britain.
(300hp MR2 Turbo for the weekend, thank you sir)

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
collos25 said:
Why on earth would anybody want a GT UP if you want a fast car why not buy one an UP is a economical town car.
Why have a fast version of ANY 'normal' car in that case? Just have a car designed to be economical, and have a completely different car for going fast?

Oh wait, I remember, because there's a massive market for them, that's why.

Good job you don't work in marketing...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Similar noises from my dealer, was in today and they said October .....looking forward to the info, decision currently reserved!

·
Registered
811 Posts
collos25 said:

So was the Mini but I don't think that the Mini Cooper was a flop.
The Up GT will be quick because it is light, it isn't particularly powerful. This will make it much more fun to drive than a 250bhp lump like a Golf GTi or Focus RS as the power will be usable and it can be driven hard.

Top Gear magazine this month tested a bunch of fast cars from the Mclaren MP12 and Lamborghini Aventador down to the Fiesta ST and actually found the Fiesta most fun to drive. That is where the Up GT hopefully will be.

Edited by: Allybasher

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Fiesta ST is getting rave reviews everywhere.......? Worth a look as I expect an up GT specked similarly won't be too far away from a discounted fiest ST. 180BHP can't be bad in a wee car.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Fiesta ST is getting rave reviews everywhere.......? Worth a look as I expect an up GT specked similarly won't be too far away from a discounted fiest ST. 180BHP can't be bad in a wee car.
What do you reckon would be the cheapest price anyone's likely to get for a Fiesta ST?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Could prob pick up a pre-reg one from a big cartel for 14-15k in a few months ....?

abarth 500s are available with sizeable discounts (not that I'd want one though)

Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Fiesta isn't really a comparison as it's a bigger car, same class as a Polo.

Fiat 500 Abarth would be a better comparison, and with that coming in at £14,200 (against a basic Fiat 500 at £10,100), I think we can expect the up!GT to be around the £13k mark.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If it was only £13k then i'd jump in without thinking but i suspect the price will be at that level designed to make you agonize. That's a different figure for everyone but for me it's £14k.

·
Registered
540 Posts
AlanG said:
If it was only £13k then i'd jump in without thinking but i suspect the price will be at that level designed to make you agonize. That's a different figure for everyone but for me it's £14k.

Agreed with this, maybe just over £14k I think.

Difficult decisions. I want to see the reviews on it and then I might sell the Alfa and see what it's like.

I do feel like it will be a sexy (and pretty fast) car to drive...
Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I woder if it will just be a high up with twin exhausts and tartan seats haha for £14k

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
And go faster stripes! Anyhow I seriously want one haha what ever it will be like

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Must say I'm getting a bit hacked off with the lack of info....hence looking at other things....hopefully will be suitably impressed when VW do announce spec and prices !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Must say I'm getting a bit hacked off with the lack of info....hence looking at other things....hopefully will be suitably impressed when VW do announce spec and prices !

I know what you mean. I have not got an up! yet as Iv been waiting to see the cost of the GT but really wanting to order the Groove up if its too much money for the GT. Been driving my sisters Black up! a lot, and have been loving it, just want to order my own now.

Edited by: beachvibes

1 - 20 of 35 Posts