Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All done....back brakes....just lots of dust buildup, cleaned out and shoes good for another 30,000 miles according to the technician.....nice one!

40 k service includes new plugs etc so car feeling and driving like new!!!

Well pleased.... Ownership of this wee beastie is the least troublesome and best value of ANY car I've had

Onward and UPwards.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feels as good as the day I collected it.....VW hit the bullseye with the up! IMHO .....why have anything else

·
Registered
851 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Feels as good as the day I collected it.....VW hit the bullseye with the up! IMHO .....why have anything else
I agree, the up is a game changer. The last game changer I can think of was the Mk1 Focus. Then Ford went and made it bulbous, blobby and ugly. The latest Focus incarnation looks like it's probably double the weight and the car looks nearly as wide as it is long! I'm praying VW don't do a Ford with it. We don't want the up to be Passat sized after the next two makeovers!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait til the 2015 focus comes out, I think ford may have found their direction again!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just can't see the 1ltr engine delivering the power you'd want from a Focus. Works well in a Fiesta which is lighter, but I can see the Focus just being very sluggish.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 250bhp one might be fun!

·
Registered
333 Posts
It's nice to know other people enjoy their cars as much as you do I was polishing mine all day ,to get to now it properly looking for little marks etc only found one so happy now move on with serious driving, just love it ,drives fantastic and most of all it's a good looking car I would say would class, for value for your money Speke soon phill

·
Registered
252 Posts
The new plugs explains the high cost for the 40000 service.

According to my dealer Seat have now moved the Cambelt change from 4 years to 5 years so you don't get a real kick in the teeth at 4 years.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was told cam belt is 5 yrs or 120,000 miles. ( prob latter in my case!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts