Up Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys . . . .

out 4th VW UP . . a 1.0 TSI . . . love it .. .

Although I have today had a EPC light come on after an hour or so of driving, then go off when turn off engine . . .

it comes back on after about an hour or so of driving .. . .

Anyone experinence this ? need to get to dealer I think :-(
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
41 Posts
Definitely take it back to the dealer if it's a recent purchase, and in my book you shouldn't have to pay a penny to get it checked.

There is a fairly common issue with these engines where the wastegate actuator can get stuck if the car hasn't moved for a while, this could be the case if its been on the forecourt for a week or two (or more). Mine does this if I don't drive it for a while, it usually frees off after a few stabs of the throttle and an ignition cycle though so if your light comes back its definitely worth getting it properly checked.

This is all guesswork of course but I'd definitely be taking it back for a look especially if replacement parts may be required.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
yes, as above but also -

Might be just a lambda sensor, a poor injector, or a crank or camshaft angle sensor.... Might be poor plug or coil...
Can you get any fault codes off it from an OBD dongle?

Generally, it's always worth disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to fully reset the ECU. It is forced to "re-learn" all sorts of things.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah, normal wheels on a TSI would be 15's. How's the ride on the 17's ? Are the tyres the same hideous GY DeficientGrips that come on the GTI ?!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
On my High Up, back in 2015, with these Polygon wheels from new, the original tyres were Dunlops, 195 x 40 x 17". Almost as poor as the Goodyears.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror

·
Registered
VW UP GTI
285 Posts
Looks properly vivid in that colour. Is that a red or does it have a tinge of orange. Looks brilliant whatever it is. And as others have said love the wheels. So what are the other three UPs you have.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I think it's the same as my old High Up, Tornado red.
BTW, we're on our 7th Up's in the family, daughter has had two (Club Up and Gti), wife has had a High Up and her current Tsi, and I've had a High Up, Tsi, and now a Gti. All since 2014.

Reactions: macp
1 - 11 of 11 Posts