Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I Bought a UP GTI about a month ago. I tend to have 3 cars a year as i tend to loose interest very quickly. So far i have had a different feeling, as its something totally different from what id normally buy, Maybe because it was twice the price as what id normally pay on a car.

My daily transport is my Honda Grom (Very Small Bike), Im fed up of the rain and fancied something small and different when its p**sing it down.

I Needed a 5 door so i could get in and out the rear of the car with the car seat incase i need to do a nursery run. I also wanted a GTI with the "Beats sound system", although i don't think its the best out there after owning one.

I do plan on modifying the car, obviously this isn't to everyones taste. I know its a great car that doesn't need messing with but i can never help myself.

So far i have;

Forge Induction Kit
Forge Blow Of Valve (I like the sound, Childish and Chavvy i know)
Millet Non-Resonated Exhaust (Will be silenced before my holidays)

These parts were on the "Volkswizard" UP GTI. I don't see the issue in buying used parts, surely everyone has bought something used off eBay at some point!

To Come;
JBS Remap

At the moment i don't feel the need to mess with the looks as its a great looking car i feel. I was going to De-badge but after viewing a thread on the forum i prefer it with the badges on now. I will probably buy a splitter at some point though, even though i am contradicting myself!

Any feedback welcome and opinions, apart from;

• Warranty Trouble
  • Insurance declaration (Which is declared)
  • Why make it quicker, just buy another car
  • Wasting money
  • Depreciation
  • Never buy second hand parts
  • Or just general long winded opinions with large intelligent words. (I've not got a dictionary or thesaurus)
Enjoy x

·
Registered
288 Posts
lovely car and sounds like you intend to enjoy it! Good for you we have done a few bits to ours and it's all added to a great package and puts a massive smile on your face for not a great deal of money in today's world of crazy car prices

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Hi

Welcome to the club.

Racingline VW are developing an intake system (expected soon) which will be head and shoulders better than the Forge Unit. They also do a turbo inlet which I understand is superb.

JBS do a traction control off/on switch system.

HG motorsport Germany do a fantastic double valved exhaust system and downpipe with or without CAT.

I am developing an Anti-Torque Bias (ATB) differential with R T Quaife who are a leading brand company (see my recent post).

Best wishes
Michael

·
Registered
85 Posts
No, my sentiments exactly. It's your car and you do with it as you see fit. I too would have a play but I never seem to get the time nowadays. Looks lovely btw. My second choice was a white one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks exactly like my white 5-door that I picked up a week or so ago. Enjoy. :)

Your post reminded me - is the black roof an option or do they all have it? Mine's got it and I forgot to ask when I joined.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations!

I am not to sure now as the configurator has gone off the VW website. I am pretty sure all white ones have the black roof as standard , I’m sure I will be corrected if I am wrong though :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congratulations!

I am not to sure now as the configurator has gone off the VW website. I am pretty sure all white ones have the black roof as standard , I’m sure I will be corrected if I am wrong though :)
There were 3 choices ...

Body coloured roof (Standard)
Black Roof (Extra cost option)
Panoramic Roof (Extra cost option)

Although they removed the latter from the options list when the car was “relaunched”.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There were 3 choices ...

Body coloured roof (Standard)
Black Roof (Extra cost option)
Panoramic Roof (Extra cost option)

Although they removed the latter from the options list when the car was “relaunched”.
Thanks.

That confirms what I thought: when I was searching for one, I remember seeing a white one with a white roof but it's since sold so I couldn't check.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum, your GTI looks great, the white is a nice contrast to the red bits :)

I also don’t hold on to cars for long, but bought my red up! GTI new at the end of July, and I absolutely love it, I can see myself holding on to this one.

such a fun car to drive, hope you enjoy yours :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not sure if I like the car more than the rules for replying 😂 am sure it will be a heap of fun, remember it's your car, I respect your choices even if you put the wheels on the roof and drove it upside down

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate the comments!

I wasn’t sure about the roof options as all the ones I’ve looked at have the black roof.
I’m even debating a private plate which will hopefully mean I hold onto it for a little longer!

I think its one to keep for a while anyway, probably done a good thing for the resale value by stop producing the cars. It is a shame though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts