Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thanks for that review reference. It seems buying a 5door isn't a disaster as the car still gets 5 stars. I think I will sell my new car for £15,000 and buy a new polo.

Just joking!

·
Registered
315 Posts
We saw one at our dealers last week when we picked our up! up. have to say it does not look anywhere near as good/cute as the 3 door.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Just have both!

Actually, real reason for mrs privatedoc going 5 door is that being a petite 5'1" , the doors are too big on 3 door needing her to slide seat back to get out in a car park etc, also seatbelt is too far back to reach, now bring the b pillar forward (5 door) and all is solved!

·
Registered
532 Posts
My kids keep coming home and I prefer short doors.

The three door does look better though.

Similarly my pelvis won't cope with sports suspension and ultra low profile tyres.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I like the look of both versions. They are different, of course - but each has it's own character.

To me the 5 door looks like the 3 door's big brother, with a slightly more mature personality.

If I don't see another one in the meantime, mine's due at the dealer next week - then wait #2 starts until I pick 'Trotty' up in October.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Upmeister said:
I like the look of both versions. They are different, of course - but each has it's own character.

To me the 5 door looks like the 3 door's big brother, with a slightly more mature personality.

If I don't see another one in the meantime, mine's due at the dealer next week - then wait #2 starts until I pick 'Trotty' up in October.
Why the name Trotty?

·
Registered
235 Posts
After Laura Trott - small, lively and outperforms the competition!

·
Registered
44 Posts
We are going to pick up Snowdrop this weekend!

I too think the 3 door ones look better, but the 5 door ones are just so much more practical when you have 2 kids totransportaround.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
couldn't choose...got both...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts