Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I’d do another review on my little up since I got it at Christmas. I’ve done over 3k miles now using it everyday to work and on several camping holidays.

So… do I still like it, oh yes very much in fact I’m totally delighted with it.

The only issue I’ve had so far is one of the LED running lights developed a fault and started flickering but I have to say that VW could have not been any more pleasant and helpful. They gave me nice new Polo as a curtesy car for the day, they replaced the whole light unit, did an inspection of the rest of the car (sent me a YouTube vid of it up on the ramps) and washed it for me. All done under the warranty. 10/10 for customer service :), now thinking of getting an extended warranty but probably not through VW.

Good points –

• I’ve got use the weird engine noise, doesn’t bother me now
• Now happy with the gearbox, it’s just not a quick gearbox but just fine
• Boot space is amazing, I’ve had a 6 man tent and all the camping equipment and clothes for me and my 2 kids for a 5 day camping trip into just the boot…the tent is bigger than the car!
• Fuel economy continues to be very good
• So roomy inside, had lots of people in the car and all comment about how much of a Tardis it is, I felt the Polo was cramped in comparison
• Performance at motorway speeds is fantastic considering the tiny 60bhp it put out, never does it feel like it is struggling.
• My phone works so easily with the radio, I've still not read the manual :smile_big:

Bad Points –

• Still would like a cover over my sunvisor mirror, not sure of the solution
• Boot could do with more carpet (might sort that myself if I can find a match)
• The intermittent wipe could be a bit faster at slower speeds, though love the way the wipers switch to intermittent at the lights and then go back to normal speed, fab
• Really struggling now… something will come to me

Hmm I give up on the bad points. What a great little car this has been so far. Just wish I could afford an electric one as well.

·
Registered
635 Posts
We've had my partner's Move up! 60ps for a year now. My partner isn't really into cars but she likes the good visibility, £20 VED and basically that it costs a minimal amount to insure, service and fuel up. I haven't really got a bad word to say about it, it does the job brilliantly; I've have another without a doubt. The only thing that I wish ours had is a proper trip computer for range, mpg etc. The 60ps copes just fine being a lightweight car and is nippy enough. We've been camping in ours too and had loads of gear in it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have to agree about the visor mirror -I angle mine so I can’t see as much of a reflection. I trade for a gti on Monday, which doesn’t have the annoying mirror. I’m not sure if they’ve listened to feedback about the mirror and removed it from all.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You must go to LPG. It is an amazing feeling as you know that somewhere a government communist is starving to death thanks to you.

·
Banned
645 Posts
Ive no complaints with my 9month old Move Up.
Its refined on the open road, has a very comfortable ride for an affordable runabout, and can return stunning fuel economy of over 70mpg if you try very hard.

Its well screwed together, and represents excellent value, when buying new.

My only real complaint, is that the engine is very underpowered, and struggles on steep hills.

Another unusual aspect, is that the annual insurance for my Move Up, is thirty pounds more than my new Up Gti.

The insurance salesman from the AA could not fathom out why this was the case.

Both insurance policies were identical, apart from value of the car.

£145 for the Gti £173 for the Move Up.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm in South Yorks, I'm 65, with no claims for over 30 years, no other convictions, and our two High Up Tsi's are just under £200 each.
Very much depends on where you live, age & previous record.
My daughter's new GTi (she's 40), was £40 more than her previous 75bhp Club Up with all the trimmings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts