Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm 6 months into owning my Take UP! still loving it!

however my clutch has started to click when I take my foot off the pedal, after changing gear?

has anybody else experienced this?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sometimes have a bit of noise when changing gear but ignoring it as not all the time and everything still works. I'll worry about it in november just before it's a year old.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supermegamonkee said:
Mines doing the same. Also 6 months in - cant imagine it will take much to fix.
I'm sure it's nothing, just thought it better to get it checked than not and the whole clutch goes!

they're taking my car in to investigate on Thursday! the woman at Volkswagen was very helpful!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Mines not a clutch noise, its more to do with the pedal when releasing it after changing gear.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Not at all :) it's just very annoying. I'm doing 1100 miles next week, thank ninja monkeys for the stereo ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol Ninja Monkeys?

And it's going in tomorrow so I'll post back on here and tell you the damage, knowing my luck there's either, nothing wrong with it OR it's something so dramatic that the staff at Volkswagen refuse me my car back haha, let's hope for the first one!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Clutch engagement noise (and the diesel sound under load)are both 'characteristic' of the up! according to my dealer. I've done almost 15,000 miles in the past 7 months and it has always made the same noises and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.

If it is a 'characteristic' I still don't understand how they vary so much - or is it the owners?

IMHO they detract from the overall refinement of the car around town - but luckily most of my motoring is on A-roads where the up! really shines.

·
Registered
523 Posts
It's not clutch engament click it's a click that comes from the pedal itself. My car has only started doing it and doesn't alwaysl make the noise. I'm 5k miles in with my car btw.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Supermegamonkee said:
It's not clutch engament click it's a click that comes from the pedal itself. My car has only started doing it and doesn't alwaysl make the noise. I'm 5k miles in with my car btw.
Yeah mine clicks when I take my foot off the pedal too, I tried taking my foot of slower and still does it lol, and that's 3600 miles lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So had my car looked at and came back with a grand total of zero problems. apparently VW couldn't even hear the click I was on about, but now miraculously the noise has stopped? confused me but going to trust the professionals who say there isn't anything wrong!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts