Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have driven a move up 60 bhp today and found it surprisingly good although in reality i will probably end up ordering the higher powered version and are wondering if anyone has first hand experiece of driving both and if so their thoughts.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've not driven any yet, hope to get in a 75 black up next week. From what I've heard and read online there isn't much difference in the engines, the 75 has slight longer revs and both feel nippy. Glad I've gone with the 75 tho, technically has more power than my 1.2 60 polo

·
Registered
8 Posts
From what I've heard, the difference between the 74 HP and the 59 HP engine is minimal until you're above 3000rpm, so if you're light-footed, you're better off with the lesser powered model.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you live in a flat town area go for the 60 ps.Otherwise go for the 75ps as you will need all the revs & power you can get.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting Point Phil we drove the 60bhp over 9xmph 3 up! no pun intended.

We have ordered the 75 anyway, but I am well impressed by the power train we have done about 120k in tri Daihatsu and Daewoo. But Gotta say the VW unit is a gem by comparison, maybe not as much torque as say a Twin Air Fiat Turbo, but the it won't .

Cant wait for delivery.

Cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've test driven a 75bhp Up! White and ordered a 60bhp Take Up! but not driven it yet, so I'm hoping reports that there isn't much difference are correct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Auto Express recommended the Move up! Bluemotion in their review so the 59 HP model must be more than adequate.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/280078/volkswagen_high_up.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts