Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was looking to buy an Up, I had extended drives in both the 60 PS & the 75 PS and have to say that in real world driving I found very little difference.

I am surprised not to have come across a thread on the topic, but what sold the 60 Blue Motion to me was the fact that in London, because of the low emissions, it was "Congestion Charge Free".

Unfortunately, I need to drive into London a couple of times per week and the savings to me are huge.

By registering the car, I can drive in without paying the congestion charge at £10 a time. You don't need to be a genius to work out a couple of times a week and for maybe 45 weeks is a lot of money.

So, love the car, love the Stop/Start, love the economy. Well done VW.

Edited by: Ecksile

·
Registered
265 Posts
there is a plethora of threads on this.

regardless i got the 75 because it drove and felt better, sounded better too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Up for me is a second car which, by its very nature, should be as cheap to run as possible.

That meant a standard 60ps to give cheapest purchase price, road tax and insurance.

The BlueMotion version wouldn't pay for itself in the time I'll have the car and themileageI'll drive, but I absolutely understand going for the BMT when the Congestion Charge is considered!

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you intend to use your up mainly for towns and cities then 60PS is probably best - with BMT if you do a significant annual mileage.

I'll do 25,000 miles per year but with little city driving - the 75PS engine is stonger on the open road at 60+ MPH e.g. motorway inclines. I also have BMT, but probably wouldn't buy this again unless my typical journeys changed a lot. Edited by: Upmeister

1 - 4 of 4 Posts