Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were two features of my move up that i had hoped would be absent on my new high up. First was the 55-75mph whine which is gone. Yay! However, it may never have been present on the 75 models. The other feature was the saturated interior windows. The front screen misted over when i got in the car this morning but cleared in about 2 mins with the air con on. So that issue seems to have gone away too. I love the leather steering wheel and handbrake grip. The bright inserts on the switchgear looks smart too. The cruise control that came with the sensor pack is brilliant. Never had CC before and it is really easy to use and effective. However, above all else, i'm completely wowed by the M&M. The quality of music playback via both SD card and bluetooth connection to my iPhone well exceeds my expectations. Truly fantastic and the sat nav is pretty good too. The aerial has also shrunk to about half its previous length and is perhaps twice its former diameter. I have the silver dash which is a close match to the tungsten silver inside door tops. I had thought it might resemble the light silver - so that's good. I did think the dashboard would be matt but in fact it's gloss - so it's very reflective. It's too early to say whether or not it will show the dust as badly as the black. So this car is totally awesome and i'm so glad i traded in my move up for it even though it was only 16 months old. There is potentially a niggle though: I can hear a rattle/vibration which seems to be coming from behind the dashboard. But it's intermittent, so not sure what this is yet or whether or not it will go away. Just been out in it and when i gripped the passenger sunvisor - the vibration stopped. Well, better that than the dashboard! A final postscript: I filled up with petrol and the petrol guage from full to half a tank has moved much faster than in the move up. My driving pattern is the same, so this would seem to suggest that VW have equalised the speed with which the guage drops from full to empty.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
198 Posts
Glad you like your new high up

I have just had my 30,000 service and since then I have noticed that my fuel gauge is smoother in going from full to empty

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kg149 said:
Glad you like your new high up

I have just had my 30,000 service and since then I have noticed that my fuel gauge is smoother in going from full to empty 
Maybe it's down to some equalizing software in the ECU which was updated for you?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey, did you keep your move up! Aswell? I have noticed a rattle recently not sure if its been posted on here but I'm not searching for it haha! What it seems to be is the plastic trim in the passenger footwell around the bonnet lever vibrating, I've hit it and pulled it and it stopped for a couple of days then will start again, its rather annoying but I just turn radio up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My Fabia vRS estate "loosened up" after about 6 months - rattles everywhere, door cards, dashboard, under the rear seats to name a few. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong. Hoping that my High Up will be more solidly put together!

Still waiting - dealer still saying "7-10 days, sir" 2 weeks after it arriving in the UK (according to order tracking).

·
Registered
95 Posts
My petrol gauge takes nearly 50 miles from full to starting to move. It doesn't bother me as I just fill up when the light comes on reset the trip computer so I know how many miles I have done to match the amount of fuel I just put in

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I part-ex'd the move up. It was 16 months old and had not developed a single squeak, rattle or vibration. I can stop the vibration on the new car by pressing the passenger sun visor up to the roof. No sound tonight though. Great if it's gone for good - but that would be too lucky!Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
957 Posts
Do you notice any difference between the 2 engines?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know in theory the two engines are identical below 5k revs, but my new 75PS does seem sweeter, more willing, quieter, smoother. The fact that it is not run in yet, makes this a surprise. Perhaps it's down to the lower gearing? Also, the noise in the headlining seems to have vanished. Now that was too easy! Just loving the M&M and cruise control!Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good news Alan. Hope you enjoy your new up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts