Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share some pics of my Up which I got in September (my first ever brand new car)to replace my mk2 Golf and as you can see from the picture they are not that much different in size.
Edited by: Walk382

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice UP and Reg. Will you be keeping the UP the same length of time as you kept the Golf?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I plan to try and keep 7Up for as long as possible, I don't do lots of miles and keep him garaged most of the time. I didn't own the Golf from new I bought from neighbours of my parents as I had always wanted a mk2 and had it for almost 12 years.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Walk382 said:
I thought I would share some pics of my Up which I got in September to replace my mk2 Golf and as you can see from the picture they are not that much different in size.
Being garaged, not doing many miles, your VW up! should last you many, many years and give you really enjoyable motoring.

Amazingly the Golf Mk2 is 45cm longer than the VW up! but weight, height and width are very similar indeed. The first Mk1 Golfs were only 14cm longer but they were lighter, lower and narrower than the VW up! Today's Golf MkVII's are huge by comparison.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's very interesting, VW have utilised all the space they can from the layout, the Golf's bonnet and boot were about double the length of the Up's so I bet there is probably still more room inside even if it is shorter, the Up has less storage in the cabin I miss the storage compartment for the manual and service books under the steering wheel in the Golf as that takes up a third of the glove box in the Up.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

1 - 6 of 6 Posts