Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across the Autocar article below and don't remember seeing any mention of a hybrid in the forum. It may be an older article however, since there is no date on it that I can see. Anyway, knowing the mpg figures that some folks achieve in their cars, 95mpg does not seem unlikely.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/vw-launch-95mpg

Note - "The engine and electric motor will be coupled to a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox."

My DSG dreamsmay come true after all!
Edited by: luckyjimmy

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info vwild1 - interesting anyway for those like me who may not have seen it. There I was thinking that the DSG box in the Up was going to happen after all!

·
Registered
727 Posts
For future reference, if you want to know the date a web page was first published to the internet follow these simple instructions:

1) Enter the page address into a google search

2) Then enter the following code to the end of the google search result's URL "&as_qdr=y15" (without quotes) and hit enter.

3) Publish date will then appear under the name of the page on google

·
Registered
705 Posts
Diesel engines also cost more because they have to be better made and engineered than a petrol engine due to the very high compression ratios used.

Nick

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've avoided diesel engines in the past having read nightmare stories about the costof repairs when things go wrong i.e. failure of DPF, dual mass flywheel and fuel injector pump etc. Big bills when these bits give up!

In general, diesel engines are more robust than petrol but it is the bits bolted on that fail through time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts