Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't normally fit mudflaps but my new UP gets so dirty at the back (normally within a day of washing)so I am considering fitting some.

What do you mudflap owners think, does it make that much difference ?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I only just had mine fitted and I'm not using it for a week or so, as im free from work for a couple of weeks.
Will update a post when I eventually get it out of the garage..

However, many people on here have said it makes no difference. I just like the look of them on the car.

·
Registered
705 Posts
They'll have some limited effect, as will the front set, but as I've had them fitted since new I wouldn't know what the real difference is. I was determined to get them fitted after the paint-stripping problems I suffered with my previous StreetKa.

Nick

·
Registered
677 Posts
I fitted mud flaps a couple weeks ago, the ass of the Up still gets mucky but not as much. The side of the car I've noticed has improved, however you still get the odd mark here and there!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've also contemplated having the mudflaps fitted as the rear end of my Up! also gets filthy after any sort of dew or rain. As has been stated before though, quite a few have said that they make little or no difference. With such a short overhang at the rear, the air flow naturally sucks across the back causing it to get filthy.
If there is a difference then cool, I'll get some I think.

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts