Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012/13 High Up. I had left the car in a public car park for 6-7 hours. While I was away it had rained, probably quite heavily. When I got back to the car the inside of the windscreen was saturated in condensation and then I discovered that the driver's footwell was sodden. It took many days with a heater to dry it out.
I looked for the possible cause. After some research and after inspecting the area under the plastic cover directly in front of the windscreen where the windscreen wiper motor is (plenum chamber?) I concluded it must be blocked drain holes. So I cleaned those out. But the footwell has flooded again after more heavy rain.
Has anyone else suffered from the problem? If so what was the cause and how did you fix it?
Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
3,145 Posts
probably a windscreen seal.... just my $0.02 worth....good luck finding it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Definitely check any seals that lead to the driver's side (door and window), but I think there was a thread about this same problem that turned out to be the seal for the wiring connections between the engine compartment and the driver's footwell being installed upside down on early models - let me see if I can find it...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Found it - bulkhead seal where the AC pipes go through, not wiring, but principle's the same:

Also some other threads about wet footwells that may be of assistance/interest:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts