Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum!
I have always felt that smoked taillights would look great on an up! with its black glass tailgate, so I ordered a few sheets from Fly Eyes Kit and decided to tint a few other lights as well :)

The film was SOOOO easy to work with, because it is perforated! Each taillight could be finished in under one minute if you wanted!

The film was so cheap that I decided to try to tint the third brake light as well. The washer nozzle was in the way, though!

Side indicators got a tint also:

It was quite difficult to tuck the film properly around the edges, but I am satisfied for now:

Peek-a-boo

Oh, and I've changed from Osram Diadem bulbs to Philips Silver Vision, as Ididn't like the iridium effect of the Diadem bulbs. Also, in the windshield a electronic parking watch is installed.

That's all for now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

Decided to throw some headlight tint on as well

Edited by: RasmusTJ

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
What do you mean electronic parking watch? Is it a movement detector camera?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Si I think it's a parking timer. I think! Could be completely wrong though

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Rasmus I think you used the correct name, I just used a term to describe it

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Rasmus, what colour fly eye film did you go for? I'm quite impressed with that, after having watched the videoEdited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used "Black 1", the darkest tint they offer. I think it blends in quite wellwith the rest of the rear :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
What size did you get and did you have much left over ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts