Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good to see people enjoying their UP!s and there seems to be quite a few new drivers with the UP! as their first car.

How things have changed............ when I passed my test in 1978 my first car was a 1964 VW Beetle 1200 with 105,000 miles on the clock, I paid £75 for it and I thought it was great.
It was two tone, blue and rust and when I drove it on the ramps (they won't let you drive it on now) for its MOT the nearside headlight fell out.

If I remember correctly the petrol cap was under the bonnet and I was going on holiday with my mates (camping) and spilt petrol all over my sleeping bag and tent.
I think the windscreen washers were pneumatic and connected to the valve on the spare wheel so when you came to change a wheel the spare would be flat.

Strange how this little car seems to appeal to young and old(or should I say older) alike.

Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
8 Posts
It seems to be 50/50 for all the drivers I've noticed driving ups. They're either really young (first time drivers) or alot older. I think it's such a well rounded car though that both younger and older drivers find it easy to fall in love with. Along with the fact that it's a class leader in the city car segment!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts