Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just a quick intro really! I ordered my VW up! 2 weeks ago now to the day - a high up! in silver with the sound pack... can't wait!!

Anyone know how long it'll take roughly by experience? I was told it was a "code 10" (i think it was 10) which apparently means it should have gone into build almost immediately... so does that mean my shiny new up! could be with me within 4 weeks?

Sure hope so, at the moment I'm driving a Smart Car and they're... not so awesome haha!

Anyways, have been reading this forum for about a week now but decided to join now... so... hi :D!

- Joe

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Joe and welcome to the forum.

Can't say I've heard of a "code 10" or anything similar so not sure what that means.

How long you have to wait seems to depend on all sorts of factors. Some people have got theirs almost immediately whilst others, like myself, are still waiting. I ordered mine on 23 March and ended up with build week 20 (that's this week) with estimated delivery within the next 3-4 weeks.

Others who ordered earlier for some reason have been given a later build week so it does seem a bit random to be honest.

In any event, hopefully you won't have too long to wait and in the meantime, you can while away your time checking out the forum like the rest of us do, way too much

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Apparently it was where someone had ordered one and then backed out or something similar so they had a car at "code 10" which meant it was about to go into production but hadn't gone in yet so could still be modified? So the salesman changed the colour and added the sound pack for me and said it would go into build pretty much straight away!

I did get that vibe from here, that it was sort of mostly random - I called the dealership up yesterday to check on my up!'s progress and he basically said it's in VW's hands now and he couldn't tell me any sort of timescale at all!

Either way yup, best thing to do is chill here with other people sharing my pain of waiting
!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Sounds like you could be one of the lucky ones though and get yours pretty quickly, fingers crossed eh.

Occasionally I've almost wished I'd gone for one that was already available but I knew exactly what I wanted so had to be prepared for the wait. I know it's going to be worth it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, fingers crossed! See normally I wouldn't mind waiting 2 or 3 months since it is such an amazing little car but my Smart is developing a new fault every week :\ so want to ditch it ASAP! Good luck with getting yours by mid June by the way!

It will be so worth the wait! But hopefully there won't be too much of a wait anyway

·
Registered
421 Posts
Dealer gave me a little flow chart,

Code 10 is Factory ordered with production week
Code 20 is Factory ordered production week confirmed
Check Point 8 is Production Completed
Code 30 In Transit from Factory
Code 36 Vehicle in Port not Released
Code 38 Vehicle in Port Released
Code 39 Vehicle on Ship
Code 40 Vehicle Landed
Code 50 Vehicle Transfered to Alternative Port
Code 60 Despatched to Retailer
Code 70 At the retailer

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh that's quite cool... informative! When I ordered it the guy said it was due to go into code 20 any moment... although I expect that had something to do with making a sale
! Am getting an update some time next week with updated progress though so we shall see what it's been up! to

·
Registered
421 Posts
You should get a build week when it does and then it's usually 3 - 4 weeks after for delivery.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
hey and welcome to the forum!

lucky you getting your up through to build so quickly¬

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got an update today - build week is confirmed at week 24 (3 weeks from now!)... so little while longer than I though to wait but at least it's confirmed now
!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Still not too bad though, around 8-9 weeks in total. I think most of us have been looking at more like 12-16 weeks with some poor souls having to wait nearly 6 months!!

Be nice to see one in silver too, it's pretty rare like the light blue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, could be a lot worse! Gives me something to look forward to for a bit too
!

Yeah, I didn't know they did a light blue one actually! Will be interesting to see pics when you get yours!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome

First thing what we heard from our dealer before the order (end of March) was: "but you have to wait till August..."- we were really surprised,

after a few days thel called us with a news: "sorry, you have to wait till september"...,

And finally after 3 weeks they called again: sorry for the mess, you will receive your car in the end of may (probably, I hope)

Of course I'm very happy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice! Well that's great news for you then... not long to go now
! What I've learnt from here is to take their date estimates with a pinch of salt... they seem to be made completely at random and change whenever
!

Luckily my dealer is calling me once a week to report on the progress so I can just ignore the dates and let him update me

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got an update last night! When I last phoned the dealer I spoke to another rep who was less than helpful (build week 24, will get sometime in July maybe)... but I got a call back yesterday saying that they'd had an update from the factory that my car is scheduled to go into production this week (i.e. week 21!) and that he'd call again Monday with confirmation that it's been built hopefully
so now we're down from 7 weeks to about 3-5
! Getting close now!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hope he has too! Although I go on holiday on the last week of June so I can see what'll probably happen there! Either way I hope you're right :D although I feel a bit bad since I ordered mine nearly a month after you!

Fingers crossed for good news Monday and both cars being here v. Soon
!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Javawag said:
I hope he has too! Although I go on holiday on the last week of June so I can see what'll probably happen there! Either way I hope you're right :D although I feel a bit bad since I ordered mine nearly a month after you!

Fingers crossed for good news Monday and both cars being here v. Soon
!

Keep em crossed for me too. I was told build week 20 six weeks ago & only found out last night I've been put back to week 21 so I'm REALLY hoping that my car's on its way to Emden with both of yours.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just found out my up!s been pushed back to wk23! Doh! Still, only 4-6 weeks from now till I have her
! Made the mistake of sitting in one again at the dealership while waiting to speak to my sales rep... Really really want one now!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts