1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I upgraded the ikea one to the philips one with the movement AND light sensor....this way it only works when it is dark = batteries last much longer....was only about £8 on amazon and one is very bright!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Privatedoc said:
I upgraded the ikea one to the philips one with the movement AND light sensor....this way it only works when it is dark = batteries last much longer....was only about £8 on amazon and one is very bright!
What is it called on amazon?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have these too, Philips SpotOn Ultra is what they are called. They come in all kinds of fancy colors and run on 3 AAA batteries (included).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dear all, a quick update for you all: it seems that Philips is discontinuing the SpotOn Ultra lights (with motion detector and ambient light monitor). I checked many Dutch online retailers, and they average cost seems to be about 10-12 euros (incl 21% VAT) but then you pay another 4-6 euros in shipping.

I ordered 3 more (already had one) directly from Philips Online Store, who are by far the cheapest store at the moment, as they sell the black ones in a clearance sale for 6.29 euro each (5 GBP), including 21% VAT.

So doing some basic math, I got 4 of them, including batteries and shipping by UPS, for 23 GBP!

I suggest you stock up now they are so cheap ;-)

Edited by: Y-Mii

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Can you put the link up please?
I have been on to various countries sites and the cheapest is 8.39 euros
Thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ok thanks, I already have then for my car, I wanted some for some new wardrobes I've got. So I've ordered the motion sensor only ones.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi just got one from wilkinsons £5.49 takes 3 AA batteries..While i was there they had on sale a Mains recharger... and four AA batteries for £ 5.00 with

·
Registered
2 Posts
Privatedoc said:
If it works when it's dark, that will mean it's on all the time the boot is shut and so the battery won't last 5 minutes. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ON if...
Movement detected
AND...
No day or artficial light detected
...Edited by: filparis15

1 - 15 of 15 Posts