Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I subscribe to the pocketgps speedcam database (updated weekly and the best!)

has anyone found a way to add this database to the M&M device?????

Currently I am having to keep my phone on the speedcam app and it would be nice to have it integrated into M&M properly.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I thought it was an option on the M&M... Don't have it yet though, so can't check for you!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Presumably the paid-for Navigon safety camera updates only.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nick, the navigon one is twice the price, not as complete and has no mobile cameras on it so pretty useless really

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That's odd, as Navigon is owned by Garmin and theirs is apparently really good from what I hear!

Edited by: SiJ2000

·
Registered
851 Posts
Privatedoc said:
I subscribe to the pocketgps speedcam database (updated weekly and the best!) 

has anyone found a way to add this database to the M&M device????? 

Currently I am having to keep my phone on the speedcam app and it would be nice to have it integrated into M&M properly.
Hi Doc, perhaps you can help?

I won't be getting M&M with my up! so would like a decent sat nav that is ideally free for my iPhone. I downloaded navfree when i toured Europe in my motorhome this summer. However, even though I downloaded for every country I passed through, the iPhone still demanded roaming on every time i wanted to calculate a route.

Do you know of any cheap, downloadable satnavs that will calculate routes and then use the iPhone gps to navigate without having to switch on roaming when abroad?

Any advice from you or anyone would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Al.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Co-Pilot live for the iphone is the holy grail of satnavs...I love it and its a reasonable price too., couple that with a brodit bracket and you are good to go

·
Registered
851 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Co-Pilot live for the iphone is the holy grail of satnavs...I love it and its a reasonable price too., couple that with a brodit bracket and you are good to go
Do you know if it will calculate routes when abroad without roaming switched on?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it does as the whole thing runs without a data connection once downloaded, must say I've not taken mine abroad

perhaps send them an email and ask?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Privatedoc said:
I think it does as the whole thing runs without a data connection once downloaded, must say I've not taken mine abroad

perhaps send them an email and ask?
Great. That's exactly what I want: no data connection once downloaded. I can download at home on wifi for free and then use it with no associated data charges!

Many thanks!
Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Are Navigon LIVE Services available on the Maps and More... THat has mobile speed cams apparently...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It seems not!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts