Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow UP owners,
I bought myself a secondhand UP (late 2012) a couple of days ago. It hasn’t got the garmin-/navigonscreen, is this something I can add myself? And can this be added to all Up’s?

If not: any tips for a well working bluetooth device that I can connect with aux?

thank you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, congratulations on the purchase. Does it have the slot for the sat nav to fit in? If it does you should be able to find a second-hand holder and sat nav and just plug it in? I think some models don't have the cut out in the dashboard for it but if yours does it should just be plug and play. If it doesn't have the slot I would suggest a standard phone holder for your windscreen and a cheap bluetooth dongle off ebay to connect your phone to the radio using the aux

·
Registered
4 Posts

My wife bought a 2018 Vw up. I removed the slot cover from the dashboard. She would love to put one of those sat navs in. Is this the right fittings to plug and play a sat nav?

·
Registered
26 Posts
View attachment 6229
My wife bought a 2018 Vw up. I removed the slot cover from the dashboard. She would love to put one of those sat navs in. Is this the right fittings to plug and play a sat nav?
That's a usb slot for your phone. There's a special phone holder that slots in there. You can pick the holder up off eBay. Works much better than the sat nav in my experience 👍🏻

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's a usb slot for your phone. There's a special phone holder that slots in there. You can pick the holder up off eBay. Works much better than the sat nav in my experience 👍🏻
Thanks. So it's essentially a phone cradle she needs to buy? Guess that's all dependent on gb allowance on phone when using maps. Thanks again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep👍🏻 if the car has maps and more you can download the VW app and download a full map of the UK so you aren't using mobile data or use Google maps but save the maps near you so you aren't using data as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
We've connected Bluetooth to the car through the phone but unable to connect to maps plus more.

I've tried it on my own phone plus my wife's phone with no success.
Any help/tips?

·
Registered
26 Posts
It might not be installed.. I think it might be something a VW garage can do for you. My car has it but my brother's doesn't so not sure, sorry! Being honest it's not a great app, I'd much rather use Google maps of waze if possible. Atleast you have Bluetooth for music etc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts