Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a poor choice of service workshops locally that do this, the only one I was able to find wants about 700 pounds for materials and work + the car to stay at their place for 5 days

... so I've decided to do everything myself. Hopefully someone already has experience with this and could advise, roughly, what amount of insulation is needed and of what thickness? Of course it's not a problem to measure everything, but it will help if I know in advance what thickness goes where.

I've found reasonably priced insulation materials supposedly used, among other places, in airplanes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea, actually I have two or three such stores nearby, I'll check what they have.

Are you sure about tar specifically, though? I was told it shouldn't be put on anything metal because it somehow causes water to condense and metal to rust. (I don't understand how that would happen since both tar and paint should be water-proof, but allegedly that does happen...?)

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering if anyone would recommend an easily applicable product for cutting down the road noise a bit from the rear wheels/boot area

·
Registered
727 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts