Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
I take it you don't have the slot for maps&more? As that would mean you could use a micro SD card instead of a USB stick for music. If that was yourintentionand would I expect not be that much more than what you are proposing to do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the M&M slot. All other Radio units of VW allow adding USB connector device, but could not find any for the UP model.

·
Registered
587 Posts
dave35 said:
I don't have the M&M slot. All other Radio units of VW allow adding USB connector device, but could not find any for the UP model.

Oh shame on not having the M&M slot would have been the idealsolution. The only other solution other than fitting a single din radio is fitting the RMT200 that is in the Up! acesscories brochure, not cheap at £275.

"RMT200 is an MP3 radio with title display, USB slot, SD card reader, iPod/iPhone control and charging, AUX-IN with A2DP audio streaming and Bluetooth hands-free system is the smart all-around solution for the greatest listening pleasure. The stylish piano lacquer appearance creates
the perfect look."

·
Registered
532 Posts
just plug an mp3 player into the radio. Why faff with usb?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't understand why they still fit CD players. They could at least give the option of which unit is fitted with the car. I never use a CD player but the USB input would be useful as it displays track titles and lets you control the iPod from the radio controls.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
yapmaul said:
I don't understand why they still fit CD players. They could at least give the option of which unit is fitted with the car. I never use a CD player but the USB input would be useful as it displays track titles and lets you control the iPod from the radio controls.
I agree! Everything is on the cloud ( or other simalar things) which means theres not much use for a cd player anymore, my mates audi has a usb connector thing for his audio and he chose to get a complimentary ipod connector to plug into it, he could of got other connectors but chose that 1! I suppose the m&m is useful for what you want, but it means getting a micro sd card which I havn't done yet, I have only just figured out how to play music off my iphone via the bluetooth. Haha

O as a foot note I guess not everybody's music will be on the cloud, I was just saying that's the way things are moving, digitalised!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I burn about 10 albums onto a cd, just as good as a mem stick....then again, I've also got 32Gb on the M&M

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why not use bluetooth and Spotify?? ;) Much better than CD and SD cards what so ever.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, i have a groove up 2013, it has an rcd 215 radio, i can connect to bluetooth for calls and text using garmin but for the life of me i cant figure out how to play music from my phone over the bluetooth lol, i dont see the bt audio option, how did you do it please?

Update: i worked out how via youtube and some guesswork.Edited by: J22

1 - 11 of 11 Posts