Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just received delivery of my up! yesterday.

I am enjoying it so far, but I already have a regret that I did not opt for the upgraded speaker package.

Anyone know if I can go back to VW and get the additional speakers installed after the fact? would this make sense or would it be better to go to another place to have some extra speakers installed?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I suspect that very few can be added easily after delivery - there was a worrying note in the article about speakers that the wiring looms were customised to the exact options being added, this was confirmed by a guy with a move up (which allows a speaker option) not having any speaker wires. In addition if you don't order a maps and more you don't get the socket.

In my view this is a bad idea, it would be better for everyone (including the dealers) if extras could be simply added later

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
davidw said:
In addition if you don't order a maps and more you don't get the socket.

Presumably it could be added but the cost of replacing a top dash board panel might make it financially non viable.

davidw said:
In my view this is a bad idea, it would be better for everyone (including the dealers) if extras could be simply added later
I agree with that, though clearly they are trying to reduce costs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts