Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on Facebook

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the advantage to air rides. THey default to 3 settings low, medium and high.

You can also add custom settings.

So basically you have it up for bumps etc and then when parked and showing off you can lower it down completely like this.

Take a look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhGsuI1MFdY

·
Registered
229 Posts
ALOT of work has went into that car, you'll notice the arches and the air ride but you might not notice the front grill has been turned upside down, the 4 air intakes on the front have been filled in, the whole rear bumper has been changed... alot of money, alot of work!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Maybe I'm too old fashioned or something, I can see the advantages of say "high" setting for speed bumps/rough roads and "low" for better aerodynamics or sporty feeling, but why would anyone want "super-low" mode as shown on pictures? It seems that front wheels cannot be steered at all, and it's less esthetically pleasing (than say a normal Up in gary02tdi's signature, should be right above this). Or, did I completely miss the point?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I find it more aesthetically pleasing when low, personally I think the up! is as high as a boat when not lowered, and you wont need to steer the wheels when its "all down" as people in the scene say, its just for when your up! is parked up!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Personally that one up there isnt even my favorite up! I dont like the whole arch work and all... but this one below, oh my, this is basically the whole reason I placed an order for an up! and guess when I placed that order? today muhahaha so excited!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yes! Yes! Yes!
That is amazing! I am all about that!
I love how it's super stock looking and just stanced as ****. That's a sweet car.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
ptae2000e said:
Maybe I'm too old fashioned or something, I can see the advantages of say "high" setting for speed bumps/rough roads and "low" for better aerodynamics or sporty feeling, but why would anyone want "super-low" mode as shown on pictures? It seems that front wheels cannot be steered at all, and it's less esthetically pleasing (than say a normal Up in gary02tdi's signature, should be right above this). Or, did I completely miss the point?
Thanks for the compliment...
Here is the full picture of my up! (Dug)

Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thought ill share more pics

These were all at the auto Messe 2013 show there are more up! Present ill see if I can find the pics

·
Registered
202 Posts
NoHero said:
Saw this on Facebook

Not super duper impressed, it's not bad but those wheel arches sure look bolted on there... But i love the rims!!!! Does anyone know make and model??

·
Super Moderator
1,492 Posts
Davec86 said:
Gotta be that or Schmidt TH Lines. Lovely wheels

Schmidt TH lines ARE copies of the Compomotive. ;)

I don't think they are TH Lines, since the Schmidt wheels have smaller holes around the edge of centre disk.

They could be Schmidt TH Cults, as they have the larger cutouts in the centre disk.

However both the TH-line and the Cult are only available in 2/3 piece wheels, and I can't see any bolt heads on the wheels on that up!

Edited by: shakotanVIP

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Good call. On closer inspection I agree, they are neither of those. There are so many reps about these days it's almost impossible to tell!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts