Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone any issues with their aircon?
My white up seems to be struggling to keep me cool, it's first registered last may but aircon already feels like it needs a regas

·
Registered
851 Posts
I don't think up aircon gets cold enough. I'm convinced my wife's Juke gets much colder. But then the Juke cost twice as much as my up. So i suppose it should be twice as good then!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I get cool enough but it does get wiffy if not used for like 2 days lol

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mine works ok but it's not ice cold like our Golf 6 or indeed like my last car which was an Astra mk 4. I guess we have to remember the UP is built on a budget and though the higher end UPs have good levels of equipment the air con units will be the same in all cars (Aldi not Waitrose)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I need the fan on 2 when its really warm outside. 1 is not enough airflow to cool me.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
That's why you have a four speed fan!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Mii aircon is fine, though it does need to be on 2 or 3 when first starting up after standing in the sun. Quite impressed for such a small engine. I almost never switch mine off.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Do people rather have air con on or windows open? I prefer windows open and I am so jealous of all sun roof owners!!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Air con all the way for me. I'm really glad that manufacturers stopped putting sunroofs on cars when air con became standard as that helps to keep the car cooler and reduces light levels so i'm not squinting.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mileage up! said:
Anyone any issues with their aircon?
My white up seems to be struggling to keep me cool, it's first registered last may but aircon already feels like it needs a regas
It works better if you shut off the outside air

·
Registered
583 Posts
That's right.

Put it on recycled air to cool the interior faster, then switch to outside air when it's cold.

I often have the ventilation on 3 or even 4, in which case it doesn't get the air very cold.
Going back to 2 makes it a lot colder.Edited by: _1S_

1 - 11 of 11 Posts