Registered
957 Posts
It's just too expensive Ospreywatcher !
You can buy a lot of nice cars for £19,500

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would agree - and not much use as we have to park 30 metres from the house!
Also none of the electric or hybrid cars have come clean on how often you have to renew the battery packs and at what cost. No batteries last for ever.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Derkie54 said:
It's just too expensive Ospreywatcher !
You can buy a lot of nice cars for £19,500
....which can go further than 96 miles

·
Registered
851 Posts
We're relying on trailblazers splashing the cash now to make costs tumble in the future so that the rest of us can afford these cars. When oil runs out, we'll all be running around in electric cars recharged by nuclear generated electricity. So, all you early adopters, please open your cheque books and start signing - the rest of us need you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
AlanG said:
We're relying on trailblazers splashing the cash now to make costs tumble in the future so that the rest of us can afford these cars. When oil runs out, we'll all be running around in electric cars recharged by nuclear generated electricity. So, all you early adopters, please open your cheque books and start signing - the rest of us need you.
I'd say the opposite, there's better future alternatives than battery power and some of the major manufacturers don't believe electric vehicles will ever be suitable for anything other than urban use in small vehicles.

I wouldn't want to drive around in something that creates a lot of pollution to produce, and is a toxic waste problem every time the batteries need disposing.

Keep buying combustion engines until there's a viable alternative, Hydrogen fuel cells combined with other technologies are starting to pick up pace now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts