Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone....

I'm searching the net for inspiration on wheel choices for my up. Got the Take up on Friday and am looking to put my own mark on it now.

First step are the wheels, but then i'd also like to add some colour to them, as my Up is white.

I've looked at Porsche twists, lemans and BBS.

What are people's thoughts and opinions? Or has someone put some decent rims on theres?

Thanks in advance. All help appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there! I got my high UP! 2 months ago which comes with alloys as standard.. however having a car mad boyfriend and cousin they have all agreed black alloys would look really nice! We did some research and came across 'plastidip' in matte black, it is basically a spray paint for your alloys and it really stays put, when you want to remove it all you have to do is pull it off. Obviously replacing alloys is expensive, so as a tester it might be worth trying some plastidip first? This is what I am going to do before forking out for new black alloys!

I am also going to tint all my back windows (I was told this came as standard on the high UP! but when I collected, no tint in sight)

Keep me posted as to what you plan to do!

Laura

·
Registered
149 Posts
unatheup said:
I am also going to tint all my back windows (I was told this came as standard on the high UP! but when I collected, no tint in sight)

Laura
Laura, don't confuse privacy glass with tinted windows.

Your high up! will surely already have tinted windows as standard. But it will be very, very subtle. If you wind the window down halfway, you should see a tiny difference between looking through the glass and not.

Also there is a level of privacy darkness below which it constitutes an MOT failure so I would recommend looking into this aspect first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The guy who sold me the car specifically said they would be tinted like a particular model in the showroom which was a nice dark tint, I don't want them too dark because I know it can affect view at night when reversing etc. I saw another UP! With dark tinted windows and it looked really good with the white! I think the dark tint comes with the sports pack?

I know cars come with privacy glass and after a follow up with another salesman, he told me that the previous guy had told me the wrong information. Nevermind!

Thanks for the info regarding the MOT failure! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just re-read your message and by privacy glass were you referring to the extremely dark windows that are completely black? I didn't realise this is what you meant! I read the message wrong haha, sorry!

My car did come with an extremely light tint , but I just want them darker on the back windows and the boot :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
unatheup said:
I just re-read your message and by privacy glass were you referring to the extremely dark windows that are completely black?
Yes, that's it. They can look good but when they are so dark, I imagine visibility might be somewhat reduced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes I don't want them too dark, my auntie has them really dark on her landcruiser and she really struggles reversing at night. I just want them slightly darker so you can tell the difference between the front windows and the back :)

Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi all
I definitely think you should not have tinted glass,to dark as I find the Up, especially the five door, has blind spots and when overtaking its very hard to see the rear vehicles, the same applies
to when you're lane changing.As I am an an experienced driver and have come across
this problem many times, you have actually got to look twice or even three times to make sure
there is no traffic in you're outside lane.So what I'm saying is,if you're going to darken you're
Vehicles glass it would be near impossible to see the traffic....every little helps
Kind regards phill .š—š—

·
Registered
252 Posts
Standard privacy glass on our Mii Sport has no visibility issues night or day. Not sure if film added after production inhibits visibility more than impregnated glass.

Edited by: mii al

1 - 9 of 9 Posts