Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see someone is selling a set of 17" wheels in the for sale section, I was wondering what would be the best/ideal size alloy, or more to the point how big can you go before you would encounter issues with handling/performance/steering,comfort? Thanks.

My UP! came with 14" I think 16" would be nicest looking, would 17" look too big?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm running 17s with no issues at all.
In fact. I have two sets of 17s for sale, both of which look very good on the up! and fit perfectly without any negative impacts, just incase you're interested ;)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I know of one over here, and a second on the continent too. Possibly a few others are in planning also. It'll be done more than you'd have thought soon I'm sure

·
Registered
6 Posts
Problem with bigger alloys is if you live in a place with lots of potholes. If the roads are smooth, no problems. Here we have lots of potholes and the roads are horrible. I'll be changing mine too but I don't think I can go further than 16 inch with 185/50's...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The one over here isn't actually finished yet, there'll be photos when it is though I'm sure.
My wheels were for sale almost a year and a half ago, they're gone now

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
I'd best hurry up then.

The issue with 18s is finding a decent style in either 4x100, or slim enough to allow for adaptors. Most 18s seem to start at 8" wide, and if you're adding an adaptor takes them well outside an up! arch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Max Power days were back in the late 90s guys...

Why would you want to fit wheels that are too big and ruin the handling?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mine came with 17 inch and sports suspension. Totally fine though I'm looking for a set of black classic 16 inch too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts