Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found those alloy wheels pretty cheap to buy,it's 6J x 15, ET45, 4x100, oem VW Polo 6n2 part.
Is ET45 ok, will they fit? planning some 175/65 or maybe 185/65
By the measures I think they will be perfect, but what do you think about looks?
They are about 200km away from me, so I would like to know your opinion before going there and trying them on.

And this is my Up!

Edited by: Milos

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ooo they look nice!! But its a personal opinion!! Also could look different on

·
Registered
235 Posts
They look great - if you need to buy some tyres, why not go for the 'standard' 15" wheel size - 185/55/15. This will give you the correct size/gearing for the speedometer etc.

All 4-stud VW wheels (from Polos and Golfs) seem to fit the up! ok - so there are plenty to chhose from. I have VW Corrado 6x15" wheels for my winter tyres and they also suit the up!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htmI thought about putting 175/60-15

Classic 16 wheels with 185/50-16 are 691mm.
These 15 wheels with 175/60-15 wheels are 691mm too, so that would be great looking, and tyres are not too expensive.

Now I'm too busy, but I think that in a few days I'll have some time and go and check those wheels. If they are good, buy them. Happy me! :)

PS. Thank you for the PS, it looks really nice with those wheels.

Edited by: Milos

·
Registered
13 Posts
They look real nice.
But I'm afraid with ET 45 they will look a bit to far inside. With ET 35 rear wheels are not to my liking, they are a bit far to the inside, and wit extra 20mm narrower track, I think it will not look great. But hey, this is my opinion. At the moment I drive a new Fiat Bravo which has wheels that are extremely far inside, and it's making me nuts. The car overall looks nice, but those wheels... I would need to put distances of 20mm on each wheel to make it look normal...
That's why I am a bit skeptical, but don't let it put you off. You can always put distances, 10mm on each wheel, and it will look like a dream!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts