Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hullo,

I have a move up and its white so I thought I'd treat myself to some alloys as I've currently got the standard 14" steel wheels. I was wondering what size would fit into the arch and if I'd have to get special runflat tires with them or something. I'd also have to get a proper man to fit them. But advice is appreciated. Ta.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The are lots of people running different wheels on here you can run up to 17 with 205 width tyre on them must be 4X100 PCD patten unless you want to mess around with adapters

·
Registered
583 Posts
You don't need run-flat tyres.
You'll be hard pressed to find run-flats in sizes that will fit the up! , and in addition, these would require fitting a tyre pressure monitoring system.

There are quite a number of threads on wheels - and quite a number of options regarding wheel size.
Use the search function, see what size you prefer, then ask again if a certain choice will fit . There's just too many options to answer that question right now, going from stock-sized 14" all the way up to 7Jx 17" without problems .

Offset (ET value) is a (minor) issue as you need to clear the brakes - it's 35 on stock steel 5J x 14" wheels, 41 on the VW 5.5J x 15" and 43 on the VW 6J x 16" alloys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts