Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered beginning of March - no word of build date or delivery getting seriously fed up,Wonder if its worth it or should I look for something else
I ordered a black up was thinking of looking at an Audi A1 or BMW 1 instead
More I think about it the more I want to get something else and I dont like the black up wheels much
starting to talk myself out of it.........................the question is really is it worth the wait????????

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm surprised that you haven't heard anything as of yet. I ordered mine mid March and the dealer confirmed it is being built next week. Should arrive beginning of June which is earlier than expected!
Did you leave a deposit?

Can completely understand your feelings of going for something else (Must confess to liking the A1 myself).

As for the wheels, since ordering and seeing some of the ups on here with the Sports Pack wheels, I too have had my doubts.However, whenever I look at pictures of the up! Black, I do think the classicssuit well and really like the overall appearance of the car.

Perhaps some members who have taken delivery can give you some good reasons to keep hanging on..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I left a deposit, I was hoping for some good reasons!!
Nobody posted any photos of black up or let us know what its really like to drive etc
need some reassurance!!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Suzi,
It's worth the wait? We ordered beginning of February and had to wait til 19th April.
ME I would do it all again.
I posted a couple of reviews on the site, have a read.
Volkswagen up! World car of the year 2012 can't argue with that!!!!!Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ok Sorry.
One of many I found on Google Image search..

I like - LOTS!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
We ordered ours on the 10th of March and we haven't heard anything yet!

Added sound pack last week and was expecting to be told "Too late its being built" but just got ok its sorted!

After reading just about EVERY post on here since then I'm in NO doubt it WILL be worth the wait!

"Good thing come to those who wait"

·
Registered
128 Posts
SUT,can't work out if you are the lucky one or me!? We ordered our High UP! a couple of weeks after you and have been given Build week 20 which was confirmed again last week when I tried to add the sound pack........only to be told it was too late as it was at status 20?? Disappointing not to be able to add the extra speakers when we were still 3 weeks from build at that time. So we might get the car first but at least you will get the right spec! How come you dealer can't tell you what week your build is?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I orederd mine 20 march and wasxtold today that lilly has been built and i should get her by the end ofvthis month .... It seems odd that you havent heard anything from your dealer yet? Have you been in regular contact ?

Ps i LOVE that pic ...... Isnt that the move up ? I have the take up on order

·
Registered
198 Posts
My car has been built, but as yet no actual delivery date, although expecting middle of MayI also tried to add the sound pack 3 weeks before the build date, but was told it was too late
Reckon you will get a build date soon

·
Registered
120 Posts
Something seems to have happened in the VW system as they switched between 2012 and 2013 models.
I ordered on 3rd March and have constantly been told that it is on track for early June, last week I tried to add the Sound Pack and was told that it was too late. Today the dealer rang to say that my car was now week 26 production !! I got him to try adding the sound pack again and he could - his theory was that the system was previously in some form of lock down whilst they switched production years !!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I haven't actually spoken to our sales chap, I send e-mails!

I'm not too pushy and don't like to pester!

Might ask about the keys though, really want 2 remote keys and won't be happy with just 1.

Not had any unsolicited contact from anyone at the VW garage as yet!

Had a confirmed build order on the 23/3/12 but no build week

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally went into the dealership today .........................Ordered 8/3/12
Build week 21......................
But order not accepted until 24th April what's going on????
Not really that happy at the moment, as there are lots of people on this forum who had ordered after me and are driving their cars......

·
Registered
213 Posts
I orederd mine 20 march . Mines been built but has been sitting at the sodding port in Emden for the last 2 weeks !!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I ordered mine on the last day of February, and was told it would be available during March. On the last day of March I complained to the CEO of VW in Germanyby e-mail, about the lack of delivery as promised. The next day I got a phone call from the CEO of the British end of the line. He ended up chasing my Up White to hurry it up and phoned me regularly to inform me of its progress, where it was and when etc. He reckoned the reason mine was running late was because I had ordered the extras, such as cruise control and the city braking system/whatever. Eventually I got the car last Friday just before the bank holiday. I get the Infotainment system next week sometime. But from ordering to delivery took about nine weeks. Whether I got it faster by complaining I do not know.

I think it was worth the wait though.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
suzi... i think what has happened with your order, sounds like your dealer might have reached their monthly quota and so could actually order yours until a few weeks later, hence the delay... are you still having the up?

·
Registered
553 Posts
suzikettles said:
Finally went into the dealership today .........................Ordered 8/3/12
Build week 21......................
But order not accepted until 24th April what's going on????
Not really that happy at the moment, as there are lots of people on this forum who had ordered after me and are driving their cars......
Sounds like we're cell mates!!

Ordered 10/03/12
Build week 21...................

Must say our sales chap did say it would be about 12 weeks and as our boys have had a Scirocco & a Polo in the last 18 months or so it does seem to be about the same as they had to wait!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I ordered mine on 23 March & was originally given an estimated delivery of 30 July. Spoke to the dealer since then & he confirmed build week 20 with estimated delivery mid June.

Based on all the posts on the forum, I'm not building my hopes up yet as build week to delivery seems to vary, especially when some poor people have had their cars waiting at Emden for weeks.

I must admit I've had my doubts too as I'm not the most patient of people but I really do love the car and am sure it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
956 Posts
suzikettles said:
Ordered beginning of March - no word of build date or delivery getting seriously fed up,Wonder if its worth it or should I look for something else
I ordered a black up was thinking of looking at an Audi A1 or BMW 1 instead
More I think about it the more I want to get something else and I dont like the black up wheels much
starting to talk myself out of it.........................the question is really is it worth the wait????????

By the way, don't give up, I'm sure you'll be glad you held on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Kat2110 said:
I orederd mine 20 march . Mines been built but has been sitting at the sodding port in Emden for the last 2 weeks !!!
This happened to one of our fleet cars we ordered (a BMW X3) it was one of the first to arrive at the docks, but we had to wait until they had sufficent cars to fill the ship. It ended upsat there forover 3 weeks. I would have thought after 2 weeksyours should be on its way (fingers crossed)
Edited by: idletony

1 - 20 of 26 Posts