Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Taking the plunge in the new year and going to dump the current (random) maps & more infotainment system and fit a real one !

Been done a few times by members, pre face lift cars, photos on this forum. However, currently no conversion template exists for the current (face lift) model, so a custom install required, I'll post details and photos when it happens

Question: I would quite like to keep the temp gauge and fuel stats on the App. Does the App actually connect to the radio or some data bus elsewhere in the car ? Any suggestions would be helpful...

Happy New Year !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Guys

Taking the plunge in the new year and going to dump the current (random) maps & more infotainment system and fit a real one !

Been done a few times by members, pre face lift cars, photos on this forum. However, currently no conversion template exists for the current (face lift) model, so a custom install required, I'll post details and photos when it happens

Question: I would quite like to keep the temp gauge and fuel stats on the App. Does the App actually connect to the radio or some data bus elsewhere in the car ? Any suggestions would be helpful...

Happy New Year !!
Im interested in this, hope it works well for you.

·
Super Moderator
3,143 Posts
Watching.....I too am keen to fit a CarPlay unit with a decent screen...hampered’ at present by facelift fascia and beats audio system though I’ve been told the beats amp is speaker level input but not definite !

good luck and keep us informed mate (y)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Red (all)

Yes, getting it fitted next week, photos to follow and possibly a video ! Also a reversing camera (now I'll have a 9''screen) and whilst I'm there, a dash cam....................

Retro heated seats done last week, BRILLIANT !!

Finally items I'm looking at are, some form of head lamp upgrade, heated mirrors and maybe cruise

Busy busy ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts