Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Wedid not opt for the Maps and More with upgraded stereo and i've been kicking myself ever since. We have a good sat nav but it's a pain to take out and carry around and unnerving to leave it in.I was wondering if anyone here had concidered swopping out the VW stereo for an after market stereo with a flip out screen. I've seen a lot of these unitsand although the sat nav is not as user friendly as a Garmin I have to say they are more than good enough for me.The higher music quality also would be nice so long as the speakers were upgraded and an extra set in the rear doors were installed. The only draw back I can see is that the screen will block access to the heating dials , I bet this can be a real pain.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts as it's a lot of money to spend on a stereo but is a possible solution to having an intergrated sat nav withough chopping into the dash to retro fit Maps and More.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Like you, I did not order the Maps & More, but this was deliberate, as it would be just as much of a pain to remove and hide in the glove box as any TomTom. As I rarely use the Up! on longer journeys, I have just orderedthis deviceto use with my Android smartphone, which I always have on me:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good idea, I have a Galaxy S2 but I have no idea if any of the sat nav apps are any good or can rival a Garmin type device. This is a far few quid cheaper too !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts