Up Owners Club banner

Am I relying on the service light?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bobupndown 
#1 ·
As far as I can make out, the Up! is due its next service when the service light come on. It was last serviced about a year ago and it has just tipped over 30k, so it has done 4k over the past year. Is that right?

All the other cars I have owned (I tend to own older cars, my Volvo in 24 years old) have fixed term annual/mileage set services.

#2 ·
My service light or reminder has yet to come on with my Move Up, which was first registered in April of 2018, but sold as a pre registered on August 1st.
This April, i had the car serviced, having the full monty treatment, with change of oil, plugs, and both filters.

Goodness knows if the service reminder works on my car, as its now covered just under 5859 miles, and ive had no reminder to say the car needs servicing.

I thought the service light or reminder was set in the factory, and was controlled by the cars ECU, and should come on roughly a year after manufacture, but its now well over a year old.

I know the cars been serviced, so i do not care what the service reminder does.

If its not working, which i very much doubt, then i will simply ignore it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.