Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Up! about a day after they went on sale in the UK. It was already built and waiting at the factory so I've got a very early one.It came with a cornsilk leather-effect dashboard - not the shiny body-coloured ones you get on the website. I can't find anything saying that this is a thing so do I have a one-of-a-kind up?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
No, one of my staff members bought a red move up and it has a corn silk textured dash....looks great

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Right!
In Germany I saw three used Move up!s / Take up!'s with black or white "non-metallic" dash ...

On a Move up! it depends on the interiour you choose.
Both white plastic interiour versions still have a white corn silk textured dash in Germany ...
Black plastic interiour versions have a black metal dash in Germany ...

All Take up!s have a black corn silk textured dashin Germany ...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yay! I actually prefer it to the shiny dash because it doesn't catch the sun so no annoying glare! And it doesn't get smudgy fingerprints on it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow! I really like that! I wish we had that option down here. I much prefer an interior in color or white to a black/grey one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh wow! Looks AMAZING!
Picked up my Up! yesterday and my worries about shiny dash were all true.
It was sunny yesterday and I was dazzled for most of the 3 hours I spent in the car.
Is there any hope for me, besides sticking unsightly paper to the dash,?...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was a bit concerned about the shiny dash, especially after the guy in the Car Buyer review said it was giving him a migraine (although I suspect he was partly joking). However, it hasn't been a problem at all and I'm somebody who does suffer from migraines.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Here we have it what is a problem to one person is of no significance to another. If we look for faults we will find them. If we took on board the reviews of those who describe such frightening faults we would never buy an Up!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Beevee

UP! Enthusiast

Thanks(0)Quote Reply Posted: 14 hours 48 minutes ago at 10:12am
Here we have it what is a problem to one person is of no significance to another. If we look for faults we will find them. If we took on board the reviews of those who describe such frightening faults we would never buy an Up!

Agree totally,, you get Moore than you pay for I don't think you could get a better car for your money also safety good
Insurance quotes good mpg road tax £20 the driving comfort is fantastic better than most cars in my opinion you
Get faults with most cars especially if you are looking for them always remember with new cars you have a warrantee
So why go looking for faults and then get annoyed with your self my wife's car has done 750 miles it makes noises
But most cars do , I bet if you bought a second hand one with little problems you wouldn't complain as much just
Drive your lovely new car and enjoy and be Happy Regards Phill

·
Registered
171 Posts
Anyone would think you two are in the pay of VW

When I was considering buying an up!, I was very grateful to all who had posted, especially on these forums, their both good and bad experiences, so I could make my decision well informed, and knew what to look out for on test drives. So thanks, genso, for the feedback

(Because of similar feedback, one thing I looked out for when test driving was precisely these reflections, which I thought might drive me potty ""“ it turns out in my case I don't find them a problem at all in the Black Pearl dash.)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Anyone would think you two are in the pay of VW

When I was considering buying an up!, I was very grateful to all who had posted, especially on these forums, their both good and bad experiences, so I could make my decision well informed, and knew what to look out for on test drives. So thanks, genso, for the feedback

(Because of similar feedback, one thing I looked out for when test driving was precisely these reflections, which I thought might drive me potty ""“ it turns out in my case I don't find them a problem at all in the Black Pearl dash.)
Night Blue High up! BMT (ordered 24 April, collected 17 July 2013)

Morning/ I wish I was in the pay of VW
the fact I posted was I didn't look or check in the forum about the up ,
I was going to buy one twelve months ago but didn't get the price for a mini I was part exchanging so I decided to buy
An Audi A1 ,twelve months on I needed a four door car , I didn't even think of checking the forum ,and purchased a vw up
In my case it was the value the size ,so economical mpg safety insuranceCosts etc etc ,also the Name VW as I have had
Quite a few and they have never let me down, but As I said with most cars you have and will get faults , you will always find faults no matter what ,
Even with very expensive cars,but faults or not most people on this forum would not get shut because of the little things that go wrong, it's just the car is so far advanced .I think it will live on for quite some years to cum it will be like the bmw mini it's here to stay its got what it takes Regards Phill
Edited by: Bossphillip

1 - 17 of 17 Posts