Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I just replaced my VW Eos with a High Up and thought I would compare the two as honestly as possible. Here are my findings ...

<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">1. The Up will easily do 90mph (I'd probably get 105 out of it). The Eos could do 130, but above 100 and I'd lose my license anyway - I never went above 105 in the Eos ever.
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">2. The Eos had a dial to set the heat of the heated seats while the Up doesn't. I never used the dial - always set to max for a short while and then turned off.
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">3. The Eos had 6 CD autochanger - I hardly used it - always iPod. The Up can play MP3s that the Eos couldn't. I think I'll be using that a lot more, since I can fit many more MP3s on a CD.
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">4. The Eos had many more speakers - the Up has 2, but they are fine. Not as good.
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">5. When the rear seats are folded down, the Up has much more luggage space than the Eos (over twice as much!)
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">6. The Eos had a folding roof - that always leaked - VW could never fix it - and wasn't in use much anyway due to the crap weather we always get (nice when it was down though). I'd think differently if I lived in the South of France.
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">7. The Eos had 6 forward gears compared to 5 in the Up. 6th gear meant that on a run I might be able to get 37mpg in the Eos - should get 60 on a run in the Up, so nothing to miss there.
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">8. The Eos had dual zone climate - the up only has A/C. I don't yet know what difference that will make.

<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">9. The Eos accelerated mush faster than the Up, of course, but I didn't usually do that because it consumed too much fuel, wasn't environmentally friendly and hammered the tyres. Nice to be able to do it on the odd occasion to get out of trouble, but not used anywhere near often enough to miss.
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">10. The Eos road tax was £270 (I think). My Up will be £20.
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">11. The Eos had a sunroof. Nice, but not something I'll miss. Yes, it could be opened but wind noise when it was opened meant that I never did.
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">

<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">So, I really do think the Up wins out.

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
397 Posts
thestoat said:
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">11. The Eos had a sunroof. Nice, but not something I'll miss. Yes, it could be opened but wind noise when it was opened meant that I never did.
Travelled from Gatwick to Cheltenham last weekend and, something I never thought I'd ever do, we had sunroof open all the way. Can confirm that noise was not a problem at all! - and that was doing 70 on M25/M4. ( MPG was showing as 55. Next day,on M6, sunroof closed, an MPG showing as 61.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts