Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst driving back from the South coast today, my sat-nav asked me a few times to "Please check your screen" at least that is what it sounded like to me. I couldn't figure out what the instruction meant and wondered if anybody here can enlighten me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
If you ignore the instructions more than a few times when navigating a route, the M + M starts "advising" you to stop mucking about and just to follow what it's trying to tell you. Rather bossy!

Nick

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't see that it could be anything like that as I was on the designated route (M5) I was staying on that route for at least another hour. So I wasn't ignoring or doing anything that had been given as an instruction.

It was slightly confusing to me as I didn't know if it wasreferringto the vehicles windscreen or the screen of the sat-nav. That of course also depends if the instruction was as I have said previously <i style="font-weight: bold; ">"Please check your screen" [/i]My guess is the screen of the sat-nav. But I had no idea what I was supposed to check for.

That's why I am wondering if maybe I misheard and it was an entirely different instruction.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's certainly the command that is being spoken, though why it is doing so is a mystery in your particular case. The trouble is, if you're driving along a motorway, it's not a good idea to stare at the M + M screen to see what it's complaining about.

You hadn't been driving for more than two hours, and you were being advised to take a break?

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ahh I think I might know.

When we were driving a few weeks ago, it kept saying that. So as I wasn't driving (was a passenger at the time) I studied the screen. I came to the conclusion that it was the traffic jam sign which has just appeared. I thought that this was quite good, as I wouldn't have noticed it before.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yea, the "check your screen" means something has been reported on your selected route.
If you click on the little que of cars icon, it will say what the problem is, then you have the option of selecting alternative routes.

Var

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for delay in answering your replies folks. Many thanks for doing so and enlightening me. I very seldom spend any time looking at the screen on the M & M as I do believe in keeping my eyes on the road all the time. I mostly listen and cast an occasional glance when approaching a junction to see the layout etc. So spotting an icon whilst driving is not on my agenda at all. Maybe if I have a passenger they could look and sort out what it is. But at least now I have some idea what to look for on my screen...

I think bugbabe34 is probably correct and many thanks to her? for taking the trouble to let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts