Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive 25 miles to work, and the most I've seen is nine Ups and siblings in one day. But they almost always appear in groups. I once saw five in less than a mile, having seen none in the previous 24 miles. My theory is that they are more common in posh towns.

It's getting more common to find myself behind or in front of one too.

I still like mine, a lot. Two and a half years old.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I live in what could arguably be called a 'posh' suburb of Birmingham and there quite a few UPs around, and they appear to be mainly 'second' cars. When I bought mine I saw hardly any, now there's at least 5 down or near my road alone.

No High ups! either. They're almost always Take or Move ups. I still think mine looks the best though, especially now I've got black centre caps on it. Rarely (if ever) see black centre caps on an UP.

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Fact is they are getting more and more popular for all the reasons we already know about......it's all the car you need! (and want)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Down my way Citigos most common of trio followed by Up! then Mii. Agreed most appear to be lower range models rather than Elegance, High or Sport. Can't remember seeing a Groove or Rock up on the road at all.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I see quite a few Ups around Northampton - have only ever seen one Citigo, though, and never seen a Mii :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've seen quite a few since I got my Up! Maybe I just notice them more now I drive one. I've now seen two at my work's car park, another black one and a mayan blue one.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see lots of Citigos, then Ups, then Miis. There is a company called Mii Home Care I think that has four or five Mii. Isn't it pronounced 'me' and not 'my'?

I've seen Ups in light blue, Mayan blue, and the funny orange. I like the red Up and yellow Mii best.

A friend has an Up, or rather his wife does, so when he visits I encourage him to use the Up.

·
Registered
252 Posts
TurboTomato said:
Where in Kent are you al?

I'd say it goes Up!->Citigo->Mii around Tunbridge Wells.

North Kent between Gravesend & Rochester. My commute takes me up the A2 to the M25.

We got our Seat from Sidcup which is about 20 miles away so may explain lack of Mii's here. I am still waiting for the call back from our local dealer to say they have a Sport to test drive and we have had our car nearly a year!!!!!

Edited by: mii al

·
Registered
180 Posts
mii al said:
TurboTomato said:
I bought mine from a dealer in Pontefract!
Wow, that is a journey!!!!

Yeah I was slightly apprehensive as I'd put a (admittedly refundable) £500 deposit on it before I'd even viewed it. But it was pretty much the best price in the country for the spec I wanted and the right age/miles so the journey (round trip twice!) was worth it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got my red Up! On Tuesday. Have spotted3 more new red ones in addition to the red rock up that was waiting to be collected at the garage. Just amazed at how many Foxes, Lupos and Seats I've noticed this week. No Skoda Citygos so far but we have no dealer for them on the Isle of Man

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi has anyone brought a UP from Lightcliffs VW of Stafford in the last few months or got one on order?

I have Just purchased a Black Move UP from them

·
Registered
252 Posts
TurboTomato said:
mii al said:
TurboTomato said:
I bought mine from a dealer in Pontefract!
Wow, that is a journey!!!!

Yeah I was slightly apprehensive as I'd put a (admittedly refundable) £500 deposit on it before I'd even viewed it. But it was pretty much the best price in the country for the spec I wanted and the right age/miles so the journey (round trip twice!) was worth it.
Ah didn't realise it was 2nd hand, then yes you are at the mercy of where the ideal car is. My Focus came from a dealer in Dorset, but we have a holiday home down there so we are down there regularly especially in summer. Trying to get paperwork back & forward was the only issue.Edited by: mii al

·
Registered
296 Posts
occasionally see another Up in Central Scotland - usually on M80, but last weekend was in the Lake District and The Dales and saw about 10 over the 2 days.

·
Registered
252 Posts
mii al said:
Down my way Citigos most common of trio followed by Up! then Mii. Agreed most appear to be lower range models rather than Elegance, High or Sport. Can't remember seeing a Groove or Rock up on the road at all.

Typical, since posting this I have only seen Up!s.........

·
Registered
18 Posts
The missus and I make a game of spotting up!s when we're out and about. Shouting out up! as soon as we spot one (and usually scaring the crap out of the baby in the process) as there are usually very few around.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In brighton there are tons of ups and several times when driving past fellow up owners they wave like it's an up thing! Still yet to see another Mayan blue though!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts