Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there is now a bright blue shinny Mayan Blue 5 door ASG high up sat on my driveway after a 200 ish mile drive back from the dealership. The drive was a mixture of start stop city driving and motorway driving and was my first proper drive in an ASG. I'm thankful to say that almost all my ASG fears proved ( so far to be groundless). The car was very smooth changing gears with only a few lurches with temporary loss of speed usually at random points on the motorway. Thankfully they were brief and whilst alarming didn't put me or other drivers in any actual dangers.
I made the move to ASG due to pain in my left shoulder and pelvis areas following an accident last year. The absence of gear changing in heavy traffic was wonderful and gave me plenty of time to admire my shinny blue dash.
The only odd thing so far is not having a light on the dash to tell me that the lights are on.
BeeVee was right:) the ASG is a great car if you treat it gently.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Kat,

great to hear and lots of fun with your Mayan Blue 5 door!

Yes, I love my (red) coloured dash too! so different to a gray or black dash ...

After one or two weeks you will surely get even more used to the ASG.

EDIT: Did you have a 5 door before?
I like the "short" doors (having driven Lupo and Polo 3 door before).
But in the UK, you use the right arm to close - not the left arm like us ...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I had, and still have a 5 door Renault scenic as my other car. Although it has five doors the scenic doors are very big and heavy to open/ close. Often I have reverse parked into a parking space only to find that there wasn't enough space to open the door!

One question re fuel for the up!
Does it make a difference if you use the basic petrol or the enhanced, super versions that are more expensive?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Kat. So glad you are pleased with your Up! The more you drive it the better it will perform. I usually put the normal 95RON fuel in I'm not sure the more expensive fuel makes much difference. Happy motoring. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Cadfael and Beevee. I do appreciate your support Beevee and your positivity re the ASG. In my limited experience so far it is much better than I had been led to believe. Yours was almost the only positive ASG message that I could find and was very reassuring.

Ps it was a lot quieter than I had been led to believe too and the sound quality and reception of the DAB radio was very good.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Kat,

you have 6 Speakers and M&M?

You can adjust high and bass (as most radios have) but also the front/rear speaker ratio.
If you mostly drive with one or two persons in the car, the front/rear ratio can make a hearable difference! I prefer about 60% rear, 40% front. Because the front speakers are et your knees, they will be dominant even with the 40% but the 60% from the back give the sound a full and warm sound.

If the M&M navi advice is not loud enough (or too loud) compared to the radio/CD, turn the volume knob while advices are given. Took me some time to find it out ...

I take "normal 95" (super) petrol.
The up! can also have the "10% bio petrol" (available in the UK?) but I don't want it because I think it is everything else but "bio". "Better" than the 95 makes no sense (my mind).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts